Update: June 15 – After a reprocessing of the Top Album Sales chart by MRC Data, the In the Heights soundtrack now debuts at No. 54 with 2,500 copies sold from one day of availability on June 10, not at No. 9 with 5,000 sold, as previously reported.
K-pop quintet Tomorrow x Together lands its second No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Album Sales chart (dated June 19), as The Chaos Chapter: Freeze bows atop the tally. The set sold 39,000 copies in the U.S. in the week ending June 10, according to MRC Data. It’s the best sales week yet for the act.
Like most K-pop releases, the CD edition of the album was issued in multiple collectible packages (four, including a Target-exclusive edition), each with assorted internal paper goods and randomized elements (photocard, postcard). A hefty 96% of the album’s sales came from the CD editions, while the remaining 4% were from the digital album.Tomorrow x Together previously hit No. 1 on Top Album Sales with Minisode1: Blue Hour (Nov. 21, 2020-dated chart).
Elsewhere on the new Top Album Sales chart, new sets from Rise Against, Japanese Breakfast and Billy F Gibbons debut in the top 10. Meanwhile, Mike Cooley, Patterson Hood and Jason Isbell’s live effort Live at the Shoals Theatre, June 15, 2014 re-enters the top 10 following its wide release on June 4. (It was previously sold only as a download album via Bandcamp.)
Billboard’s Top Album Sales chart ranks the top-selling albums of the week based only on traditional album sales. The chart’s history dates back to May 25, 1991, the first week Billboard began tabulating charts with electronically monitored piece count information from SoundScan, now MRC Data. Pure album sales were the measurement solely utilized by the Billboard 200 albums chart through the list dated Dec. 6, 2014, after which that chart switched to a methodology that blends album sales with track equivalent album units and streaming equivalent album units. For all chart news, follow @billboard and @billboardcharts on both Twitter and Instagram.
Rock band Rise Against collects its seventh top 10 on Top Album Sales as Nowhere Generation debuts at No. 3 with 13,000 copies sold. Olivia Rodrigo’s Sour falls 2-4 with nearly 13,000 sold (down 47%). Japanese Breakfast’s third studio album, Jubilee, becomes the act’s first charting effort on Top Album Sales, bowing at No. 5 with 10,000 sold.
Billy F Gibbons’ third solo album, Hardware, arrives at No. 6 with 9,000 copies sold. It’s the first solo top 10 for the ZZ Top guitarist and singer.
Mike Cooley, Patterson Hood and Jason Isbell’s Live at the Shoals Theatre, June 15, 2014 re-enters Top Album Sales at No. 7 with 6,000 sold, following the set’s wide release on June 4. Previously, the album was exclusively available for purchase only as a digital download via Bandcamp. On June 4, the set became available to all digital retailers, and via CD and vinyl LP. The album previously spent one week on the list, when it debuted at No. 34 on the Nov. 21, 2020-dated chart with 3,000 sold in its first week of release.
Harry Styles’ former No. 1 Fine Line rises 9-8 with a little over 5,000 sold (down 7%), Queen’s Greatest Hits album bumps 12-9 with 5,000 sold (down 3%) and Michael Jackson’s Thriller dances 20-10 with nearly 5,000 (up 8%).