One of Korea’s most promising rock-pop acts is getting a major boost from a proven global partner.
Billboard can share exclusive first details on The Rose‘s new label partnership with Transparent Arts, the entertainment company founded by Billboard Hot 100 chart-toppers Far East Movement that amplifies Asian culture and talent on a global scale. The partnership will include a full range of services with label support that includes distribution, marketing, sync work and more for the quartet Billboard noted as a new K-pop artist to watch based on the strength of their debut single “Sorry.”
The signing comes ahead of The Rose’s first full-length album, HEAL, dropping later this year. Described as “inspired by the stories of the fans and the healing power of music,” HEAL is the quartet’s long-anticipated comeback and first project since a two-year break to accommodate its members’ mandatory military service in Korea.
The Rose will also embark on the “Heal Together” World Tour that will include dates across North and South America, Europe and Asia. The extensive trek kicks off in mid-October in Chicago and will continue into 2023.
“It’s rare to find highly talented artists who also have strong work ethic and sharp business acumen,” says James Roh, COO/Management at Transparent Arts. “We look forward to fully supporting their creative vision with their upcoming album HEAL and continue to help expand their global fanbase.”
Transparent co-CEO Kevin Nishimura adds, “The passion behind Transparent Arts has been to identify and amplify Asian artists to a global audience, and The Rose brings such a unique blend of Korean, U.S. and U.K. influences through an incredibly fresh and emotional modern rock sound.” Co-CEO Kirby Lee says, “We are excited for new audiences around the globe to feel The Rose’s next album through their upcoming ‘Heal Together’ World Tour.”
The Rose shares in a group statement, “The Transparent Arts team respects our vision and we are excited to have their support as we grow further in our careers.”
To date, The Rose — consisting of singer-guitarist Woosung, vocalist-keyboardist Park Dojoon, drummer Lee Hajoon and bassist Lee Jaehyeong — has sent their two EPs to the World Albums chart, as well as five entries on World Digital Song Sales. Transparent Arts will now represent The Rose along with Wasserman.
Fans can find updates on HEAL through The Rose’s official social media platforms (which have already revealed new photos of the quartet this past week) and look forward to tour tickets’ general on-sale coming Friday, Aug. 12, at 10 a.m. local time.
The Rose “Heal Together” World Tour dates
- Oct. 13 – Chicago, Ill. – Concord Music Hall
- Oct. 15 – Minneapolis, Minn. – The Fillmore
- Oct. 18 – Boston, Mass. – Royale
- Oct. 19 – New York, N.Y. – Terminal 5
- Oct. 24 – Toronto, Ont. – Danforth Music Hall
- Oct. 27 – Washington, DC – Warner Theatre
- Oct. 29 – Atlanta, Ga. – Buckhead Theatre
- Nov. 1 – Houston, Tex. – House of Blues
- Nov. 3 – Dallas, Tex. – The Factory in Deep Ellum
- Nov. 6 – Phoenix, Ariz. – Orpheum Theatre
- Nov. 7 – Las Vegas, Nev. – House of Blues
- Nov. 9 – San Francisco, Calif. – The Warfield
- Nov. 13 –Seattle, Wash. – Showbox Sodo
- Nov. 16 – Anaheim, Calif. – House of Blues
- Nov. 20 – Los Angeles, Calif. – The Wiltern
- Nov. 26 – Mexico City, Mexico – Auditorio BB
- Nov. 30 – Lima, Peru – Arena Bar
- Dec. 2 – Buenos Aires, Argentina – Niceto Club
- Dec. 4 – São Paulo, Brazil – Cine Joia
- Jan. 23, 2023 – Brussels, Belgium – La Madeleine
- Jan. 25, 2023 – Zurich, Switzerland – Volkshaus
- Jan. 26, 2023 – Milan, Italy – Alcatraz
- Jan. 29, 2023 – Munich, Germany – Muffathalle
- Jan. 31, 2023 – Warsaw, Poland – Stodola
- Feb. 2, 2023 – Berlin, Germany – Huxleys
- Feb. 5, 2023 – Oslo, Norway – Sentrum Scene
- Feb. 6, 2023 – Copenhagen, Denmark –Amager Bio
- Feb. 8, 2023 – Stockholm, Sweden – Arenan Fryshuset
- Feb. 10, 2023 – Cologne, Germany – Live Music Hall
- Feb. 12, 2023 – Utrecht, Netherlands – Tivoli Vredenburg-Ronda
- Feb. 14, 2023 – London, United Kingdom – O2 Forum Kentish Town
- Feb. 16, 2023 – Paris, France – Le Bataclan
- Feb. 19, 2023 – Barcelona, Spain – Razzmatazz Room 1
*Asia dates will be announced soon.