Skip to main content

Seventeen’s ‘Attacca’ Arrives at No. 1 on Top Album Sales Chart

SEVENTEEN scores its second No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Album Sales chart, as the group’s latest release, "SEVENTEEN 9th Mini Album ‘Attacca’" debuts atop the tally (dated Nov. 6). Plus: Lana Del Rey…

SEVENTEEN scores its second No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Album Sales chart, as the group’s latest release, SEVENTEEN 9th Mini Album ‘Attacca’ debuts atop the tally (dated Nov. 6). The set sold 25,000 copies in the U.S. in the week ending Oct. 28, according to MRC Data. The Korean pop group landed its first No. 1 earlier in 2021 with Your Choice: 8th Mini Album (July 3-dated chart).

Like many K-pop releases, the CD edition of the Attacca was issued in multiple collectible packages (including a Target-exclusive edition). CD sales comprised 96% of the album’s first-week sales, while the remaining 4% came from its digital album.

SEVENTEEN is the first group with two No. 1s on Top Album Sales in 2021.

Related

Billboard’s Top Album Sales chart ranks the top-selling albums of the week based only on traditional album sales. The chart’s history dates back to May 25, 1991, the first week Billboard began tabulating charts with electronically monitored piece count information from SoundScan, now MRC Data. Pure album sales were the sole measurement utilized by the Billboard 200 albums chart through the list dated Dec. 6, 2014, after which that chart switched to a methodology that blends album sales with track equivalent album units and streaming equivalent album units. For all chart news, follow @billboard and @billboardcharts on both Twitter and Instagram.

Related

Lana Del Rey’s new album Blue Banisters starts at No. 2 on Top Album Sales with 19,000 sold. It marks her second album to debut in the top two in 2021, following the No. 1 arrival of Chemtrails Over the Country Club (April 3 chart). In total, Blue Banisters is Del Rey’s eighth top 10 on Top Album Sales.

Duran Duran scores its highest charting album ever on the 30-year-old Top Album Sales chart, as its new studio set Future Past debuts at No. 3 with 17,000 sold. Previously, the band’s highest-ranking album on the tally had been its 1993 self-titled album, which debuted and peaked at No. 7 in 1993. (The band’s Billboard 200 charting history dates back to the early 1980s, but the Top Album Sales chart did not start until 1991.)

On the Billboard 200, Future Past debuts at No. 28 – the band’s 13th top 40-charting album. Future Past also launches at No. 1 on the Tastemaker Albums chart, which ranks the top-selling albums of the week at independent and small chain record stores. (The set sold a little over 5,000 copies at the indie and small chain sector.)

Related

Elton John’s all-star collaborations album The Lockdown Sessions bows at No. 4 on Top Album Sales (17,000 sold) – his highest charting effort since 2013’s The Diving Board debuted and peaked at No. 4. The new album features a bevy of A-list stars, including Dua Lipa, Stevie Nicks, Charlie Puth, Eddie Vedder and Stevie Wonder.

The Rolling Stones’ classic 1981 album Tattoo You debuts at No. 5 on Top Album Sales, following the set’s deluxe anniversary reissue on Oct. 22. The set, which topped the Billboard 200 for nine weeks in 1981, was reissued in a variety of expanded formats, with many including previously unreleased tracks. All versions of the album, old and new, are combined for tracking and charting purposes. Altogether, Tattoo You sold 17,000 copies in the U.S. in the week ending Oct. 28 – up from a negligible sum in the previous week.

Dream Theater’s latest studio album, A View From the Top of the World, enters at No. 6 on Top Album Sales with 12,000 copies sold. It’s the sixth top 10-charting effort for the act. My Morning Jacket collects its fourth top 10 on Top Album Sales, as its new self-titled effort starts at No. 7 with just under 12,000 copies sold. Rock band Every Time I Die rounds out the debuts in the top 10, as its new Radical set enters at No. 8 with 11,000 sold.

The BeatlesLet It Be falls from No. 1 to No. 9 (11,000; down 77%) following its surge back onto the chart a week ago following its deluxe expanded reissue.

Closing out the top 10 is John Coltrane’s A Love Supreme: Live in Seattle, which vaults from No. 87 to No. 10 in its second week on the chart, selling 11,000 copies (up 583%). It’s the second top 10 for the jazz legend on the chart, following 2018’s Both Directions at Once: The Lost Album (No. 5).