Embattled shock rocker Marilyn Manson turned himself in to the Los Angeles Police Department July 2 on an outstanding arrest warrant on assault charges stemming from an alleged 2019 incident in New Hampshire. He has since been released on personal recognizance bail.
According to a statement from the Gilford, New Hampshire Police Department, Manson (born Brian Hugh Warner) surrendered last Friday in relation to the arrest warrant issued in October 2019, after an alleged incident at his Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion show in Gilford on Aug. 19, 2019.
The statement noted that his bail conditions include that he not commit a federal, state or local crime while on release; he appear at all court proceedings as ordered; he must advise the court in writing of all changes of addresses within 24-hours of doing so; and he have no contact with the alleged victim.
Warner, 52, had earlier agreed to turn himself in to face accusations that he assaulted a videographer at the show; he was charged with two Class A misdemeanor accounts of simple assault and could face a possible jail sentence and a fine of up to $2,000. The police previously said that the alleged assaults were tied to claims by a videographer subcontracted by a N.H.-based company to film the concert; the videographer was in the photo pit in front of the stage when the alleged assaults occurred. The N.H. PD confirmed that the alleged assaults were “not sexual in nature.”
The singer is also currently facing lawsuits from four women who claim that he sexually, physically and emotionally assaulted them; Warner has denied the allegations. In a Feb. 1 Instagram post, he wrote, “My intimate relationships have always been entirely consensual with like-minded partners. Regardless of how – and why – others are now choosing to misrepresent the past, that is the truth.” He called the allegations “horrible distortions of reality.”
According to the Gilford Police Department’s statement, the next court date in the New Hampshire case has been set — but was not revealed — at which Warner is slated to appear at the 4th Circuit Court in Laconia, N.H.
Billboard has reached out to Warner for comment.
The musician’s attorney earlier called the claims in the New Hampshire case “ludicrous,” even as he said the singer’s team was “committed to cooperating with authorities.”