Luis Miguel Postpones U.S. Shows, Citing Health Concerns
Luis Miguel postpones U.S. shows, citing health concerns.
After playing the second of two shows at Miami’s American Airlines Arena, Mexican pop star Luis Miguel has postponed the remainder of his U.S. dates, citing health reasons.
“Luis Miguel’s office reports the singer hasn’t been able to fully recover his health due to his multiple work engagements,” read a statement posted Monday on the singer’s Instagram account. “For this reason, his doctors have said he needs to postpone the remainder of his U.S. tour, which successfully kicked off in Miami a few days ago.”
Luis Miguel, who is notoriously skittish with the press, nevertheless granted an interview to Argentine newspaper El Clarin last month where he spoke openly about his tinnitus.
However, his canceled shows have to do with acute pharyngitis that forced him to cancel several shows in Mexico last month. The singer appeared to have recuperated and played a hectic agenda of South American dates that continued through the beginning of December.
The Miami shows kicked off a series of U.S. dates included stops in Charlotte, New York (at Madison Square Garden), Fairfax, Chicago and Boston.
“Yesterday [Dec. 12] the symptoms he’s been suffering from the last three weeks reappeared and doctors have reevaluated the singer,” said the Instagram statement. Luis Miguel is expected to announce new dates for 2016.