Lord Huron’s “The Night We Met” rules The Hollywood Reporter’s Top TV Songs chart, powered by Tunefind and Shazam, for July, thanks to its appearance in Showtime’s The Affair.
Rankings for the Top TV Songs chart are based on song and show data provided by Tunefind and ranked using a formula blending respective Shazam tags, as well as sales and streaming information tracked by Nielsen Music during the corresponding period.
“The Night We Met,” which reached No. 5 on the Hot Rock Songs chart and No. 84 on the Billboard Hot 100 in May 2017 (Lord Huron’s first entry on the ranking), leads all songs with 30,000 Shazam tags, 11,000 downloads sold and 15.3 million U.S. streams in July, according to Nielsen Music.
The track previously led the Top TV Songs chart in March and April 2017 after its appearance in 13 Reasons Why.
Below Lord Huron, two tracks from HBO’s Sharp Objects debut: The Acid’s “Tumbling Lights” at No. 8 and Led Zeppelin’s “What Is and What Should Never Be” at No. 9. Both tracks appeared in the show’s pilot on July 8.
“Tumbling Lights,” which hasn’t charted, earned 43,000 Shazam tags, 2,000 downloads sold and 258,000 U.S. streams in July.
“What Is and What Should Never Be,” which also never charted and appeared on the group’s 1969 sophomore LP Led Zeppelin II, earned 10,000 Shazam tags, 2,000 downloads sold and 1.1 million U.S. streams.
Check out the full chart below:
Rank, Title, Artist, TV Show (Network)
1. “The Night Wet Met,” Lord Huron The Affair (Showtime)
2. “Stone,” Whiskey Myers, Yellowstone (Paramount Network)
3. “Miracle,” Chvrches, The Bold Type (Freeform)
4. “Keep the Wolves Away,” Uncle Lucius, Yellowstone (Paramount Network)
5. “Principles,” Fabolous & Jadakiss, Power (Starz)
6. “Muddy Waters,” LP, Power (Starz)
7. “In Between,” 6LACK featuring Banks, Power (Starz)
8. “Tumbling Lights,” The Acid, Sharp Objects (HBO)
9. “What Is and What Should Never Be,” Led Zeppelin, Sharp Objects (HBO)
10. “Ending,” Isak Danielson, Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger (Freeform)