The album bows with 150,000 equivalent album units earned in the U.S. in the week ending June 10, according to MRC Data, driven nearly entirely by streaming activity of the its songs. The hip-hop set, which was released on June 4, also boasts guest turns from a quartet of acts who have all had their own No. 1 albums: Travis Scott, Meek Mill, Young Thug and Rod Wave.
The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week in the U.S. based on multi-metric consumption as measured in equivalent album units. Units comprise album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA). Each unit equals one album sale, or 10 individual tracks sold from an album, or 3,750 ad-supported or 1,250 paid/subscription on-demand official audio and video streams generated by songs from an album. The new June 19, 2021-dated chart (where Voice debuts at No. 1) will be posted in full on Billboard‘s website on June 15. For all chart news, follow @billboard and @billboardcharts on both Twitter and Instagram.
Of Voice’s 150,000 equivalent album units earned in the tracking week ending June 10, SEA units comprise 144,000 (equaling 197.71 million on-demand streams of the album’s 18 tracks), album sales comprise slightly more than 4,000 and TEA units comprise a little over 1,000.
Lil Durk is the sixth act to get their first No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 in 2021, following Olivia Rodrigo, Moneybagg Yo, Rod Wave, Morgan Wallen and Playboi Carti. (The lattermost debuted at No. 1 on the Jan. 9-dated chart with his Dec. 25, 2020 release, Whole Lotta Red.)
Rodrigo’s former No. 1 Sour is steady at No. 2 for a second week, earning 143,000 equivalent album units (down 23%). Two more former leaders are next, as Wallen’s Dangerous: The Double Album rises 4-3 with 50,000 units (down 4%) and J. Cole’s The Off-Season dips 3-4 with 44,000 units (down 25%).
South Korean pop quintet Tomorrow x Together notches its first top 10 album on the Billboard 200, as The Chaos Chapter: Freeze debuts at No. 5 with 43,000 equivalent album units earned. Of that sum, album sales comprise 39,000, SEA units comprise 4,000 (equaling 6.42 million on-demand streams of the album’s eight tracks) and TEA units comprise a negligible sum. Like most K-pop releases, the CD edition of the album was issued in multiple collectible packages (four, including a Target-exclusive edition), each with assorted internal paper goods and randomized elements (photocard, postcard). A hefty 96% of the album’s sales came from the CD editions, while the remaining 4% were from the digital album.
Tomorrow x Together had previously gone as high as No. 25 with 2020’s Minisode1: Blue Hour (Nov. 21, 2020-dated chart).
Moneybagg Yo’s former No. 1 A Gangsta’s Pain falls 5-6 on the new Billboard 200 with 38,000 equivalent album units earned (down 10%) while Dua Lipa’s Future Nostalgia slips 6-7 with 35,000 units (though up 2%). Taylor Swift’s Evermore falls 1-8 with 31,000 units (down 85%) after its 74-1 jump a week ago.
The top 10 is rounded out by two former No. 1s: The Weeknd’s After Hours (holding at No. 9 with 29,000 equivalent album units; down 1%) and Luke Combs’ What You See Is What You Get (a non-mover at No. 10 with 28,000 units; down 2%).