Plus, Ariana Grande, Lil Nas X, Tool and more make new chart headlines.
Here are 13 things to know about the charts this week.
1. In the latest edition round of Five Burning Questions, Billboard staffers discuss Drake’s Care Package and his latest chart achievements. Click here for the roundtable.
2. Drake makes history as the first soloist to notch at least 200 total entries on the Hot 100. Click here for the story.
3. Lil Nas X’s “Old Town Road,” featuring Billy Ray Cyrus, rules the Hot 100 for a record-extending 19th week, while Ariana Grande and Social House’s “Boyfriend” debuts in the top 10. Click here for the recap.
4. Speaking of “Boyfriend,” we look back at every song, since the chart’s start in 1958, to hit the Hot 100 with “boyfriend” or “girlfriend” in its title.
5. “Old Town Road” additionally breaks the record for the most weeks spent at No. 1 in the history of both the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs and Hot Rap Songs charts. Click here for the story.
6. On the latest Chart Beat Podcast, Gary Trust and Trevor Anderson count down the Hot 100’s top 25 hits from 25 years ago this week, as special guest Lisa Loeb reminisces about her classic No. 1 “Stay (I Missed You).”Click here to listen.
7. Over on the Pop Shop Podcast, guest Alec Benjamin chats with co-hosts Keith Caulfield and Katie Atkinson. Click here to listen.
8. Tool has a record-shattering week on the rock charts, after the band’s catalog was added to streaming services. Click here for the post.
9. Anuel AA, Daddy Yankee, Karol G, Ozuna and J Balvin’s “China” hits No. 1 on the Hot Latin Songs chart. Click here for the story.
10. Tyler Childers earns his first leader on the Top Country Albums chart with Country Squire. Click here for details.
12. Ariana Grande’s Sweetener World Tour is already her biggest tour, and it’s not even halfway done. Click here for the analysis.
13. Republic Records’ Wendy Goldstein chats about notable chart victories for Jonas Brothers, Ariana Grande and more. Click here for the interview.