More good news for Ozzy Osbourne fans, as wife/manager Sharon Osbourne says the rock icon is out of intensive care and breathing on his own again. The heavy metal icon was admitted to a hospital earlier this month suffering from complications from the flu, which forced the singer to postpone a planned European tour.
Giving fans the latest news on her 70 year-old husband’s condition on The Talk on Tuesday (Feb. 12), Osbourne said, “He’s doing great. He’s out of ICE and he’s doing good. He’s breathing on his own. And I just want to say a huge thank you to everybody that has reached out with good wishes. He is overcome by the response that he’s had, and it’s kind of bittersweet because he’s so overwhelmed with it, but he’s sad too.”
Click here to watch Osbourne’s update on Ozzy.
Sharon said Ozzy is breathing on his own and practicing with his spirometer (that device that measures your lung strength when you blow into it and make the ball bounce up), later tweeting, “thank you to everyone for all your get well messages and support for Ozzy. We are overwhelmed and truly touched by everyone’s thoughtfulness.”
Thank you to everyone for all your get well messages and support for Ozzy. We are overwhelmed and truly touched by everyone’s thoughtfulness.
— Sharon Osbourne (@MrsSOsbourne) February 12, 2019
The couple’s son, Jack, provided a similarly rosy update earlier this week, revealing that Ozzy is doing “much better.” A spokesperson for Ozzy announced on Jan. 30 that after initially postponing the first four dates of his No More Tours 2 outing because of the flu, a follow-up visit with a doctor revealed a diagnosis of a severe upper-respiratory infection, which resulted in the postponing of the tour’s entire U.K. and European run. At the time, doctors feared that the infection could “develop into pneumonia given the physicality of the live performances and the extensive travel schedule throughout Europe in harsh winter conditions.”