By now you’ve probably had a chance to sit with A$AP Rocky‘s third studio album, At.Long.Last.A$AP, released on May 25, and fully digest its 18 tracks (including interludes). If you haven’t already listened, then you’re in for a treat, as A.L.L.A. comes equipped with big names, trippy sounds, and a fully focused A$AP Rocky as he comes full circle from his debut album Live.Love.A$AP. There are also moments on the album where you have to hit the left arrow on your keyboard and rewind to re-listen to the audacity Rocky has on wax. Some are shocking bars; others utterly offensive. We, Billboard, collected ten lines that gave us the straight-mouthed face emoji. Check them out below, in order of their appearance on the album.
1. “Fuck Jiggy, I’m flawless, fuck pretty, I’m gorgeous/ Your favorite rappers’ corpses couldn’t match up my importance.” – “Canal St.”
This line gets the two-part WTF award. First the “jiggy/pretty” dichotomy that he first recognized on early track “Jodye” kind of feels like he’s trying to one up Beyoncé with that flawless talk that follows. (And the fact that it’s preceded by “Jiggy” which kind of sounds like “Jigga”?) The whole thing feels dirty like the Bey Hive needs to be called to investigate this line. But whatever on that, how about the next line about rappers’ corpses? What? Better than B.I.G.? Better than ‘Pac? You’re a bold man, Rakim Mayers.
2. “I know I’m a scum bag and now your heart broke/ The night is still young for you to sleep and whine.” – “Fine Whine”
Now look, ladies, if you come across A$AP Rocky, you swipe left damn it! It doesn’t matter how perfect his jaw structure is or his Cartier or Goyard or whatever the hell other label references he sprays all over this album. You go about your business and pick the pudgy guy whose profile says “looking for my soulmate.” A$AP is out to break your heart. Consider this a warning. You don’t need new purses and shoes that badly.
3. “Schwarzenegger I, straight slaughter n—-s, I’m offin n—-s screaming off with n—-s heads.” – “JD”
It’s hard to take anyone’s tough talk seriously after they’ve walked in New York Fashion Week. Do you think Tony Montana would’ve annihilated a room full of goons and then been like, “Oh shit! Lagerfeld needs me. BRB guys!” It doesn’t quite work out that way. And let’s just put it out there that the sartorial A$AP Rocky is way more appealing than the sadistic one.
4. “I’m the trillest one to do it since Pimp, n—a hands down.” – “Lord Pretty Flacko Jodye 2 (LPFJ2)”
Two words for you, A$AP. Okay, actually one word and a dangling letter: Bun B.
5. “She the type to seek love and make it everlasting/ I’m the type to wake up and say you never happened.” – “Jukebox Joints”
Swipe left! Swipe left! Mayday! He’s just not that into you! Run, Forrest! Run away!
6. “Ain’t nothing better than the pretty big forehead b—h.” – “Jukebox Joints”
Is this the part where we pretend people haven’t ridiculed Rihanna for her forehead and we all act like she may not be who Rocky is referring to? (There are even memes. No chill.) Oh and a few lines later he says “ella ella ay,” so there’s that too. Open your umbrellas, because there’s a shade storm going on.
7. “They rapping bars it get embarrassed, it actually happens often/ You my son like my last abortion, I’m just laughing off it.” – “Jukebox Joints”
“Jukebox Joints” has some really questionable bars. This line right here just feels icky. Laughing off abortions? Easy for you to say. Not to turn this into a Jezebel think piece, but of course you can laugh about it A$AP when you’re not the one going through it.
8. “I take a dyke chick if she like dick. I kissed the dyke chick and I liked it/ F–king each and every Katy Perry for the night b–h.” – “Better Things”
This math makes about as much sense as Foxy Brown‘s on “Affirmative Action.” If this lady likes women then how does she like… I mean Piper from Orange Is The New Black made the switch, but like… And why wouldn’t he like to kiss her? And who the hell brought Katy Perry into this equation? Because she kissed that girl once with the cherry Chapstick? Ugh, too much to process.
9. “I swear that bitch Rita Ora got a big mouth/ Next time I see her might curse the b—h out/ Kicked the b—h out once cause she b—hed out/ Spit my kids out, jizzed up all in her mouth and made the b—h bounce.” – “Better Things”
Whoa! Flag on the play! This isn’t your shining moment to be like Eminem with his Lana Del Rey and Britney Spears name drops. This is vile. Come on, A$AP Rocky. You’re so much better than this. Rita Ora has enough trouble breaking in the U.S. and you’re out here coming for her? Let her live! Is this because she is besties with Iggy Azalea and they did that “Black Widow” song together? Or are you friends with Rob Kardashian? Where is this coming from?
10. “Past the racism and fake-ism/ Type of hate that make you feel worse than a rape victim.” – “Back Home”
Another icky line. Feel worse than a rape victim? Really? No, not cool. Do better. All of these abortions, rape, coming for Pop stars lines are a lot. Will the real Slim Shady please stand up?