Appearing on Bravo’s Watch What Happens Live Tuesday, Jonas admitted he had been the one to initiate the conversation that led to the boy band’s demise.
“It was a very tough conversation and it left the family kind of shaken up for a little while,” he said. “I mean we were about to start a tour. We were two days from starting a tour.”
Things are alright now, though, he clarified.
“We’re good now. I have a beautiful niece. My brother has a family. Joe’s band DNCE is doing very well,” the youngest Jonas continued. “It’s good for everybody and it’s good that it happened because I think we all grew from it, but it was very challenging for a little while.”
As E! News points out, this isn’t exactly the first time that Nick has taken responsibility for the split.
Shortly after the band broke up in October 2013, the brothers appeared on Good Morning America where Kevin Jonas said, “I think it was time, and for us it took some time getting there, but we feel like it’s time that the Jonas Brothers come to an end.”
Nick added that he had “initiated” the conversations explained that they had been fighting for a little while. He said then, “In a nutshell, I said, ‘Look, I feel like we’ve had some complications within the group for a long time without addressing them. I think this train will fall off the tracks without really getting real about some of the concerns and some of the limitations that we may feel as individuals in the group.'”
Watch the Watch What Happens Live conversation here: