After performing the National Anthem before the game Sunday (Feb. 7) it seemed like everyone decided that this would be the vocal performance of hers that finally won over sports bros — among others.
Of course, her fans have been championing what a talented vocalist she is for years. Even during the height of her early dance pop days, she would make sure to give a stunning performance of the tune during her talk show appearances that showed the musicality behind the sometimes-silly lyrics.
The Super Bowl performance kicked off what is sure to be an exciting month for the singer — and for fans who enjoy her live performances. In addition to the Super Bowl performance, she’s set to sing a tribute to David Bowie at the Grammys and will also perform her Oscar-nominated tune “Til It Happens To You” at the Oscars at the end of the month.
Just in case you have an acquaintance in your life you need to shut down once and for all (or, like us, you just really want to watch some Gaga highlights today!), check out this list of just a few of her all-time best vocal performances.
8. “Cheek to Cheek” (With Tony Bennett), Feb. 8, 2015
7. “Til It Happens to You,” Dec. 11, 2015
6. “Hair,” iHeartRadio Festival, Sept. 23, 2011
5. Sound of Music medley, Oscars, Feb. 22, 2015
4. “Speechless,” Dec. 8, 2009
3. National Anthem, Super Bowl, Feb. 7, 2016
2. “Poker Face/Speechless/Your Song,” Grammys, Jan. 31, 2010
1. “Edge of Glory,” Howard Stern Show, July 18, 2011
*This article was originally published in September 2014.