YOASOBI’s “Yoru ni kakeru” logs its second week atop the Billboard Japan Hot 100, dated May 25 to 31, marking the rising group’s first consecutive weeks at No. 1.
Figures for the track hold steady for the most part, with streaming at 8,818,302 streams (8,335,490 last week), video views at 13,819,547 plays (13,890,300), and downloads at 15,059 units (14,003).
Eito’s “Kousui” rises a notch to No. 2, with streaming at 7,358,629 streams (7,128,383) and downloads at 12,629 units (9,870), consistently adding points to its total each week.
Lady Gaga’s new single with Ariana Grande, “Rain on Me,” blasts into the top 10 from No. 68, fueled by radio airplay (No. 1) and streaming (debuting in the top 100 at No. 16). While Western pop songs rarely make it into the upper ranks of the Japan Hot 100, the talked-about collaboration by the two superstars follows Billie Eilish’s “bad guy” that last charted in the top 10 in March.
A song that hit No. 3 on TikTok’s weekly ranking last week called “Haru wo tsugeru” by yama has also entered the top 10 this week at No. 7. yama is a singer-songwriter who got started uploading cover videos online about two years ago, and the rising artist’s first original number has steadily accumulated points in video views and streaming since its release in mid-April.
Although yama’s style that places emphasis on the intimate collaboration between visuals and music is reminiscent of YOASOBI, the former has gradually been expanding its reach from video to streaming and from streaming to downloads. Like “Yoru ni kakeru” at No. 1 this week, “Haru wo tsugeru” has the potential to continue climbing, depending on how the figures play out in the coming weeks.
The Billboard Japan Hot 100 combines physical and digital sales, radio airplay, Twitter mentions, YouTube and GYAO! video views, Gracenote look-ups, audio streams from Amazon Music Unlimited, Apple Music, AWA, Google Play Music, KKBOX, LINE MUSIC, Rakuten Music, RecMusic provided by Gfk Japan, dHits, Uta Pass and Spotify, plus karaoke data from Daiichikosho and XING (excluded until further notice).
Billboard Japan Hot 100 Top 10 (dated May 25 to 31)
1.  Yoru ni kakeru / YOASOBI (none / 15,059 downloads / 8,818,302 streams)
2.  Kousui / Eito (none / 12,629 downloads / 7,358,629 streams)
3.  Gurenge / LiSA (2,916 copies / 19,832 downloads / 4,318,006 streams)
4.  I LOVE… / Official HIGE DANdism (1,138 copies / 6,864 downloads / 4,874,988
5.  Pretender / Official HIGE DANdism (none / 6,658 downloads / 4,517,962 streams)
6.  Hakujitsu / King Gnu (none / 10,981 downloads / 4,282,574 streams)
7.  Haru wo tsugeru / yama (none / 4,994 downloads / 3,479,499 streams)
8.  Rain on Me / Lady Gaga with Ariana Grande (none / 5,775 downloads / 2,181,004 streams)
9.  Marigold / Aimyon (none / 5,377 downloads / 2,600,205 streams)
10. [-] Mirai wa onna no tame ni aru / Walküre (22,206 copies / 9,567 downloads / none)
[ ]: Position last week
( ): Physical sales / downloads / streams (Top 50 only)