After a week that saw him drop a trap-styled remix EP, and promise to release a “full trance album,” Tiësto is adding another genre to his list: house.
This Sunday (August 4), the superstar DJ/producer will launch “Club Life After Hours,” a new weekly show on his “Club Life” Sirius XM Club Life Radio channel dedicated to house, Billboard has learned. The 24-hour show will run from 5 a.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday, and while it won’t feature him every week (special guest DJs will be invited to contribute), it will kick off with a house mix by Tijs himself.
“I really like deep and warm vocal house, and this a perfect addition to my Club Life Radio,” Tiësto, aka Tijs Verwest, told CODE. “It’s a great sound to listen to at home, in the car or while having a Sunday afternoon barbecue. It’s perfect listening music.”
His mix ranges toward the chiller side of house music, side-stepping the groovier brand that’s been ruling the international charts as of late, via acts like Disclosure and Hot Natured. It opens with a delicately spacey remix of Destiny’s Child’s “Say My Name” by diva remix master Cyril Hahn. Then it passes through twilight tracks like unreleased bootleg of Phoenix’s “Lisztomania,” Finnebassen’s grumbling “You’re Not Cool Enough,” and Tale of Us’s popular remix of Audiofly’s “6 Degrees,” before landing on the funkier, guitar-strumming “Imprint of Pleasure” by Tube & Berger — perhaps as the sun first crests on the horizon. The full tracklist is below.
The announcement comes as Tiësto seems to be pointedly diversifying the music he presents to the world, adding to the hard-hitting festival fodder that he’s most recently been favoring. He played his own 2005 hit “Adagio for Strings.” It’s a trance favorite, the genre which first rocketed him to fame – during his set at Tomorrowland last weekend, and announced via Twitter that if he made it back to the top of DJ magazine’s influential Top 100 DJ poll this year (he hasn’t held the No. 1 spot since 2004), he would “make a full trance album again.” On July 30, his label Musical Freedom dropped the aptly named “Trap Remix EP,” which enlisted producers of the half time, hip-hop-influenced genre to reimagine giant festival epics, like the omnipresent “Epic” (by Sandro Silva and Quintino) itself.
“Stylistically, I don’t think [house is] ready for my live sets just yet because I like to play a little more energetic and uplifting, but who knows in the future?” said Tiësto. “For now I want to experiment with it on the radio and see what people think.”
Tune in this Sunday to hear this and more play out.
- Destiny’s Child, “Say My Name” (Cyril Hahn Remix)
- Framewerk, “As If”
- Phoenix, “Lisztomania” (Vanilla Bootleg)
- Monkey Safari, “Hi Life” (Cheeky Bold Cover)
- Hells Kitchen feat. Irina Makosh, “I Close The Door” (Walkboy Remix)
- Yoachim, “EHC” (Oliver Schories Remix)
- Miyagi, “Woodpeckers Love Affair “(Sascha Braemer & Dan Caster Remix)
- Stefan Biniak, “The Read All About It Bootleg”
- Him Self Her, “Gone Too Long”
- Fatso, “Empathy”
- Jan Blomqvist, “I Don’t Think About You”
- Daughter, “Youth” (Alle Farben Remix)
- Art Of Shades feat. Soukaina, “All Away”
- DSF, “Private Thoughts”
- Goldroom feat. Chela, “Fifteen” (Rotkraft Remix)
- Finnebassen, “You’re Not Cool Enough”
- Audiofly feat. Fiora, “6 Degrees” (Tale Of Us Remix)
- Fabo feat. Angela Sheik, “Can’t Decide” (Flow & Zeo Remix)
- Vario Volinski, “Falling In Love”
- Luomo, “Good Stuff” (Dave DK Remix)
- Dinka, “Polarity” (DBMM Superlove Remix)
- Luis Leon, “Love Is A Lie”
- Made To Move, “Perfect Lady”
- Tube & Berger, “Imprint Of Pleasure”