Don’t let Eric Hutchinson’s breezy voice deceive you. After Maverick folded in 2007 while he was recording his first album, the comeback kid independently released Sounds Like Me, snagging the No. 1 spot on the Heatseekers Album Chart upon its debut. Hard work has continued to pay off for the crooner, who is currently on tour with fellow feel-good jammer Rachel Platten. Hutchinson has also offered his signature acoustic sound to tours for Kelly Clarkson, Pentatonix and OneRepublic.
Hutchinson’s latest track “Anyone Who Knows Me” is refreshingly original, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t artists he would love to “Rock & Roll” with for inspiration. From Sinatra to the Hamilton Broadway cast recording, Hutchinson teamed up with Billboard to reveal the songs he wishes he’d written. Take a listen below!
- Coldplay – “Ink”
- Hamilton Cast – “Alexander Hamilton”
- Margaret Glaspy – “You And I”
- The Police – “Every Breath You Take”
- Frank Sinatra – “I Get A Kick Out Of You”
- Stevie Wonder – “Overjoyed”
- Tame Impala – “’Cause I’m A Man”
- Rent Cast – “Seasons Of Love”