SEVENTEEN’s “Fallin’ Flower” blasts in at No. 1 on this week’s Billboard Japan Hot 100, dated March 30 to April 5, selling 425,873 copies in its first week. The 13-member K-pop boy band leads physical sales and radio airplay, while also coming in at No. 3 for look-ups, No. 7 for Twitter mentions, No. 25 for downloads, and No. 63 for streaming.
Rising J-pop singer Uru’s “Anata ga irukotode” is inching up the chart, moving up two notches to No. 6 this week. Her live performance on the popular music program Music Station boosted downloads to 28,813 units (doubling from 14,628 last week), streaming to 3,476,382 streams (up from 2,776,476), and video views to 2,977,372 plays (up from 2,540,525). Notably, the song topples Official HIGE DANdism’s hit song “I LOVE…” from the top spot in downloads this week.
Singer-songwriter Gen Hoshino uploaded a video of himself on Instagram performing a song called “Uchide Odorou / Dancing on the Inside,” which he wrote to encourage fans to stay home to help prevent the spread of coronavirus. The “Idea” artist invited people to upload their own collaborations with the song, resulting in other stars from various genres including Daichi Miura, Mitsuki Takahata, Yuriko Ishida, Taiiku Okazaki, Yo Oizumi and more joining in on the remotely coordinated fun.
Hoshino’s “Dancing on the Inside” project went viral on social media and shot to No. 2 on Twitter this week. The track debuts at No. 21 on the Japan Hot 100 and maintains enough momentum to continue rising in the coming weeks.
The Billboard Japan Hot 100 combines physical and digital sales, radio airplay, Twitter mentions, YouTube and GYAO! video views, Gracenote look-ups, audio streams from Amazon Music Unlimited, Apple Music, AWA, Google Play Music, KKBOX, LINE MUSIC, Rakuten Music, RecMusic provided by Gfk Japan, dHits, Uta Pass and Spotify, plus karaoke data from Daiichikosho and XING.
Billboard Japan Hot 100 Top 10 (dated March 30 to April 5)
1. [-] Fallin’ Flower / SEVENTEEN (425,873 copies / 3,415 downloads / none)
2.  I LOVE… / Official HIGE DANdism (3,656 copies / 28,247 downloads / 7,711,432 streams)
3.  Pretender / Official HIGE DANdism (none / 13,719 downloads / 5,839,279 streams)
4.  Shiawase no hogoshoku / Nogizaka46 (52,637 copies / 4,461 downloads / none)
5.  Gurenge / LiSA (1,587 copies / 16,567 downloads / 4,074,597 streams)
6.  Anata ga irukotode / Uru (none / 28,813 downloads / 3,476,382 streams)
7.  Hakujitsu / King Gnu (none / 8,668 downloads / 4,693,446 streams)
8. [-] Pop Music / Juice=Juice (56,176 copies / 4,445 downloads / none)
9.  Shukumei / Official HIGE DANdism (none / 9,626 downloads / 3,756,086 streams)
10.  Yesterday / Official HIGE DANdism (none / 3,344 downloads / 3,471,254 streams)
[ ]: Position last week
( ): Physical sales / downloads / streams (Top 50 only)