The latest single by the vocal and dance group nabbed the top spot despite coming in at No. 2 for physical sales, overturning the difference of 26,783 copies between the song at No. 1 for the metric and No. 2 on the tally, “Megane no Otokonoko” by BEYOOOOONDS, boosted by downloads and streaming.
While “SCARLET” and “Megane” excelled in sales this week, the No. 1 song for look-ups, which counts the number of times a CD is ripped to a computer, went to Aimyon‘s “Manatsu no Yoru no Nioi ga suru” for the second consecutive week, indicating the song’s continued popularity.
Official HIGE DANdism‘s “Pretender” rules streaming for the 12th straight week, with the number of streams and video views continuing to increase from the week before. The band performed its new single, “Shukumei,” for the first time on television last Friday, and the song climbs 7-4 on the Japan Hot 100, with the figures for downloads, streaming, and video views also rising.
The song, currently being featured in the broadcast of this summer’s national high school baseball championships, appears to be settling into the typical cycle that results in a lasting hit.
King Gnu‘s “Hikoutei,” the commercial song for ANA’s domestic ads starring tennis champion Naomi Osaka, debuts at No. 10 after coming in at No. 3 for downloads behind RADWIMPS‘ two current hits: “Ai ni dekirukoto wa mada arukai” (No. 1) and “Grand Escape feat. Toko Miura” (No. 2).
Kenshi Yonezu‘s version of Foorin‘s “Paprika” jumps 64-18 on the Japan Hot 100, debuting at No. 1 for video views with 5,726,052 views during the chart week. The hitmaker is expected to return to the top 10 next week after a five-week hiatus with his new release called “Uma to Shika.”
The Billboard Japan Hot 100 combines physical and digital sales, radio airplay, Twitter mentions, YouTube and GYAO! video views, Gracenote look-ups and audio streams from Amazon Music Unlimited, Apple Music, AWA, Google Play Music, KKBOX, LINE MUSIC, Rakuten Music, RecMusic provided by Gfk Japan, as well as dHits and Uta Pass, and karaoke data from Daiichikosho and XING.
Billboard Japan Hot 100 Top 10 (dated Aug. 5 to 11)
1.  SCARLET feat. Afrojack / Sandaime J Soul Brothers from EXILE TRIBE (67,592 copies / 10,612 downloads / 1,607,291 streams)
2. [-] Megane no Otokonoko / BEYOOOOONDS (94,375 copies / 5,619 downloads / none)
3.  Pretender / Official HIGE DANdism (none / 18,632 downloads / 5,754,179 streams)
4.  Shukumei / Official HIGE DANdism (1,779 copies / 19,629 downloads / 3,431,577 streams)
5.  Ai ni dekirukoto wa mada arukai / RADWIMPS (none / 40,325 downloads / none)
6.  Ribbon feat. Kazutoshi Sakurai / Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra (19,376 copies / 17,403 downloads / none)
7.  P.A.R.T.Y. – Universe Festival / DA PUMP (30,043 copies / 12,327 downloads / none)
8.  Marigold / Aimyon (none / 8,493 downloads / 2,923,117 streams)
9.  Grand Escape feat. Toko Miura / RADWIMPS (none / 30,020 downloads / none)
10. [-] Hikoutei / King Gnu (none / 29,006 downloads / 1,152,369 streams)
[ ]: Position last week
( ): Physical sales / downloads / streams (Top 50 only)