Official HIGE DANdism‘s “Pretender” returns to No. 1 on the Billboard Japan Hot 100, dated Nov. 18 to 24, holding J-pop girl group Angerme‘s new single at bay, which sold 85,338 copies in its first week.
“Pretender” leads four metrics of the chart’s methodology for the second week straight — streaming, video views, downloads, and karaoke — with streams for the long-running hit increasing from 5,749,913 last week to 5,847,900 this week, and video views from 6,050,375 to 6,513,640.
Ever since the metric was added to the tally around this time last year, the karaoke metric had been dominated by Kenshi Yonezu‘s monster hit song “Lemon” for 49 consecutive weeks, until “Pretender” dethroned it three weeks ago. After 32 weeks on the Japan Hot 100, “Pretender” marked its highest overall total points this week, still picking up momentum as the year draws to a close.
King Gnu‘s “Hakujitsu” is also gathering steam again, marking its highest position yet this week at No. 4 after 40 weeks on the tally. Downloads for the song increased from 8,744 last week to 9,219 this week, streams from 3,198,900 to 3,364,140, and video views from 3,014,947 to 3,259,298. The four-man mixture rock band recently announced a new album due next year and a domestic tour with arena engagements to go along with it, so the breakout hit is expected to maintain its position for a while.
The Billboard Japan Hot 100 combines physical and digital sales, radio airplay, Twitter mentions, YouTube and GYAO! video views, Gracenote look-ups, audio streams from Amazon Music Unlimited, Apple Music, AWA, Google Play Music, KKBOX, LINE MUSIC, Rakuten Music, RecMusic provided by Gfk Japan, dHits, Uta Pass and Spotify, plus karaoke data from Daiichikosho and XING.
Billboard Japan Hot 100 Top 10 (dated Nov. 18 to 24)
1.  Pretender / Official HIGE DANdism (none / 19,441 downloads / 5,847,900 streams)
2. [-] Watashi wo tsukuru nowa watashi / Angerme (85,338 copies / 2,420 downloads / none)
3.  Yesterday / Official HIGE DANdism (none / 7,181 downloads / 4,006,663 streams)
4.  Hakujitsu / King Gnu (none / 9,219 downloads / 3,364,140 streams)
5.  Shukumei / Official HIGE DANdism (none / 7,293 downloads / 3,798,633 streams)
6.  OVERDOSE / HIROOMI TOSAKA (36,884 copies / none / none)
7.  Marigold / Aimyon (none / 5,305 downloads / 2,428,511 streams)
8. [-] Revival Love / Bullet Train (27,213 copies / none / none)
9.  Uma to Shika / Kenshi Yonezu (1,907 copies / 16,736 downloads / none)
10. [-] Tsuioku no hikari / Sayaka Yamamoto (15,660 copies / 3,674 downloads / none)
[ ]: Position last week
( ): Physical sales / downloads / streams (Top 50 only)