J-pop duo KinKi Kids blast in at No. 1 on the latest Billboard Japan Hot 100, dated June 15 to 21, with their 42nd single, “KANZAI BOYA.” The veteran Johnny’s pair — Tsuyoshi Domoto and Koichi Domoto (no blood-relation) — have a huge loyal following, and their highly anticipated new release sold 192,326 copies in its first week.
“KANZAI BOYA” outsold the group’s previous single and the one before it: “Hikari no kehai” sold 176,310 copies, and “Aitai, aitai, aenai” sold 187,143. The new single leads physical sales and Twitter mentions, while also coming in at No. 2 for look-ups and No. 22 for radio airplay.
Tsuyoshi Domoto’s solo project, ENDRECHERI’s LOVE FADERS, is the No. 1 album of the week, and the release of his past catalog on major streaming services on the same day as these new records appears to have boosted the sales of both.
Aimyon’s “Hadaka no kokoro” jumps 10-4 this week, selling 10,420 copies in its first week, a personal best for all of her past singles to date. She continues to perform well in the digital front, with downloads increasing to 20,320 units from last week’s 11,067 (No. 2) and streaming to 4,162,825 streams from 2,952,194, while also launching at No. 4 for physical sales and No. 3 for look-ups, which are the two physical metrics of the chart’s methodology.
Aimyon’s “Marigold” from 2018 was J-pop’s first streaming-originated hit, and the results for her latest single indicate that the 25-year-old singer-songwriter has been expanding her fanbase beyond listeners on streaming platforms to a wider, more varied audience.
The Billboard Japan Hot 100 combines physical and digital sales, radio airplay, Twitter mentions, YouTube and GYAO! video views, Gracenote look-ups, audio streams from Amazon Music Unlimited, Apple Music, AWA, Google Play Music, KKBOX, LINE MUSIC, Rakuten Music, RecMusic provided by Gfk Japan, dHits, Uta Pass and Spotify, plus karaoke data from Daiichikosho and XING (excluded until further notice).
Billboard Japan Hot 100 Top 10 (dated June 15 to 21)
1. [-] KANZAI BOYA / KinKi Kids (192,326 copies / none / none)
2.  Yoru ni kakeru / YOASOBI (none / 16,046 downloads / 9,686,766 streams)
3.  Kousui / Eito (none / 15,767 downloads / 7,601,013 streams)
4.  Hadaka no kokoro / Aimyon (10,420 copies / 20,320 downloads / 4,162,825 streams)
5.  Mazy Night / King & Prince (33,883 copies / none / none)
6.  Gurenge / LiSA (2,477 copies / 14,782 downloads / 4,152,421 streams)
7.  Pretender / Official HIGE DANdism (none / 7,586 downloads / 4,760,171 streams)
8.  I LOVE… / Official HIGE DANdism (1,070 copies / 6,707 downloads / 4,709,844 streams)
9.  Hakujitsu / King Gnu (none / 8,876 downloads / 4,318,623 streams)
10.  MORE & MORE / TWICE (none / 2,499 downloads / 3,613,902 streams)
[ ]: Position last week
( ): Physical sales / downloads / streams (Top 50 only)