Kenshi Yonezu‘s “Lemon” logs its fourth consecutive week, sixth total frame atop the Billboard Japan Hot 100 dated Jan. 14 to 20, still dominating five metrics of the chart’s methodology: downloads, look-ups, Twitter mentions, video views, and karaoke.
The song is gradually losing momentum as with the other songs that bounced back into the tally thanks to the influential year-end Kohaku Uta Gassen music program. But the difference is that “Lemon” is still on another level figure-wise: downloads are down to 53,016 from last week’s 70,837 but still at No. 1, while video views also decreased to 8,940,748 from 10,411,107 but still at No. 1.
Veteran Johnny’s boy band V6‘s “Super Powers” bows at No. 2 on the Japan Hot 100. The latest opener of the popular animated series One Piece comes in at No. 1 for physical sales with 87,435 copies sold, but couldn’t collect enough points in other metrics (No. 3 for look-ups, No. 6 for Twitter, No. 40 for radio airplay) to topple “Lemon” from its reigning position.
Hikaru Utada‘s Kingdom Hearts collab with Skrillex, “Face My Fears,” was released on Friday (Jan. 18) and has been performing well on download charts around the world. The song bows at No. 6 on the Japan Hot 100, coming in at No. 3 for downloads (25,806 units in Japan) and No. 5 for physical sales (13,414 copies, which is more than Yonezu’s “Lemon”), looking ready to compete with Yonezu on next week’s tally.
Daichi Miura‘s “Blizzard” rises a notch to No. 9 this week, after rising 3-2 for Twitter and 14-10 for video views. The music video for the Dragon Ball Super: Broly theme song was viewed 2,160,501 times this week, increasing from last week’s 1,941,582 times, and points from this metric helped lift the track up the Japan song chart.
The Billboard Japan Hot 100 combines physical and digital sales, radio airplay, Twitter mentions, YouTube and GYAO! video views, Gracenote look-ups and audio streams from Amazon Music Unlimited, Apple Music, AWA, Google Play Music, KKBOX, LINE MUSIC, Rakuten Music, Recochoku provided by Gfk Japan, streaming counts based on lyrics displayed on PetitLyrics, and karaoke data from Daiichikosho and XING.
Billboard Japan Hot 100 Top 10 (dated Jan. 14 to 20)
1.  Lemon / Kenshi Yonezu (11,481 copies / 53,016 downloads / none)
2. [-] Super Powers / V6 (87,435 copies / none / none)
3.  I beg you / Aimer (12,107 copies / 39,681 downloads / none)
4.  Marigold / Aimyon (none / 13,128 downloads / 2,726,512 streams)
5.  U.S.A. / DA PUMP (1,662 copies / 6,727 downloads / 1,264,948 streams)
6. [-] Face My Fears / Hikaru Utada feat. Skrillex (13,414 copies / 25,806 downloads / 504,137 streams)
7.  Flamingo / Kenshi Yonezu (2,356 copies / 17,048 downloads / none)
8.  Konya Konomama / Aimyon (none / 6,039 downloads / 2,198,706 streams)
9.  Blizzard / Daichi Miura (879 copies / 6,054 downloads / 687,080 streams)
10. [-] Koibito Boshuchu (Kari) / Amatsuki (24,374 copies / none / none)
[ ]: Position last week
( ): Physical sales / downloads / streams (Top 50 only)