Hinatazaka46‘s debut single, “Kyun,” takes the No. 1 spot on the latest Billboard Japan Hot 100, dated March 25 to 31 with 474,893 copies sold in its first week.
The J-pop girl group — formerly known as Hiragana Keyaki — led physical sales and look-ups this week while also faring well in the other metrics of the chart’s methodology, coming in at No. 2 for Twitter mentions, No. 3 for downloads and radio airplay, No. 11 for streaming and No. 30 for video views.
back number‘s “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” stays at No. 3, powered mainly by downloads. Although physical sales are on a slight decline, the song rules downloads for the fifth total week and also jumps 31-4 for video views.
“HAPPY BIRTHDAY” continues to perform well in these metrics thanks to the highly anticipated release of the three-member pop rockers’ new album, MAGIC, on March 27, which sold 170,956 copies in its first week.
Kenshi Yonezu‘s monster hit song “Lemon” returns to No. 1 for video views for the 20th total week, dethroning Aimyon‘s “Marigold” (No. 2) that led the metric for five weeks in a row. But the view count for “Lemon” falls to 4,801,013 times from last week’s 5,123,291, while the count for “Marigold” also falls to 4,425,606 from last week’s 5,774,188.
Streaming figures for “Marigold” also fall to 3,458,102 streams from last week’s 3,676,570, indicating that these two long-running hits appear to be gradually slowing down.
“Hakujitsu” by King Gnu, one of the biggest breakout acts of early 2019, stays at No. 2 for streaming for the fifth consecutive week. As mentioned last week, the song appears to have entered a long-hit cycle — rising to 2,547,522 streams from last week’s 2,482,098 and to 2,152,900 views from last week’s 2,149,497 — and will likely stay in the top 10 of the Japan Hot 100 for some time.
The Billboard Japan Hot 100 combines physical and digital sales, radio airplay, Twitter mentions, YouTube and GYAO! video views, Gracenote look-ups and audio streams from Amazon Music Unlimited, Apple Music, AWA, Google Play Music, KKBOX, LINE MUSIC, Rakuten Music, RecMusic provided by Gfk Japan, as well as dHits and Uta Pass, and karaoke data from Daiichikosho and XING.
Billboard Japan Hot 100 Top 10 (dated March 25 to 31)
1.  Kyun / Hinatazaka46 (474,893 copies / 20,585 downloads / 951,869 streams)
2. [-] Shoot Out / MONSTA X (153,498 copies / none / none)
3.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY / back number (1,635 copies / 44,733 downloads / none)
4.  Marigold / Aimyon (none / 15,686 downloads / 3,458,102 streams)
5.  Lemon / Kenshi Yonezu (3,668 copies / 25,779 downloads / none)
6. [-] Black Sugar / A.B.C-Z (48,736 copies / none / none)
7.  Yes we are / Sandaime J Soul Brothers from EXILE TRIBE (25,279 copies / 3,735 downloads / 876,228 streams)
8.  Hakujitsu / King Gnu (none / 15,624 downloads / 2,547,522 streams)
9.  Kaerimichi wa Toomawari Shitakunaru / Nogizaka46 (25,012 copies / none / 668,258 streams)
10.  Kuroi Hitsuji / Keyakizaka46 (6,250 copies / 3,034 downloads / 837,756 streams)
[ ]: Position last week.
( ): Physical sales / downloads / streams (Top 50 only)