IZ*ONE soars to No. 1 on this week’s Billboard Japan Hot 100 with “Vampire,” the South Korean/Japanese girl group’s third Japan single. The song sold 344,828 copies in its first week and takes the top spot of the tally, dated Sept. 23 to 29, fueled by physical sales points.
The group has been steadily increasing sales with each single they put out. The previous single, “Buenos Aires,” sold 321,999 copies in its first week, and the one before that, “Suki to Iwasetai,” debuted at 303,745 copies.
TWICE‘s “Feel Special,” the title track of their eighth mini-album, was streamed 3,787,512 times to come in at No. 3, downloaded 8,731 times to come in at No. 13, and the music video was viewed 8,370,008 times to rule the metric this week. The song bows at No. 4 on the Japan Hot 100, powered by audio and video streaming points.
Kenshi Yonezu‘s “Uma to Shika” holds at No. 2 on the tally, although video views for the song dropped by about a million views (No. 2). The latest release by the “Lemon” hitmaker continues to perform well in other metrics, leading downloads for the seventh week and coming in at No. 2 for look-ups, which counts the number of times a CD is ripped to a computer.
Official HIGE DANdism‘s “Pretender” also holds at No. 3, ruling streaming for the 19th week, increasing downloads (No. 3), and holding at No. 3 for video views for the fourth week in a row. The long-running hit is currently only 300 total points behind “Uma to Shika,” and could overtake it next week.
The four-man piano band’s new song, “Yesterday,” performed well in streaming and video views and rises a notch to No. 5. Official HIGE DANdism continues to dominate the list before the release of its first major-label album, Traveler, next Wednesday (Oct. 9), with three songs going strong in the top 10.
The Billboard Japan Hot 100 combines physical and digital sales, radio airplay, Twitter mentions, YouTube and GYAO! video views, Gracenote look-ups and audio streams from Amazon Music Unlimited, Apple Music, AWA, Google Play Music, KKBOX, LINE MUSIC, Rakuten Music, RecMusic provided by Gfk Japan, as well as dHits and Uta Pass, and karaoke data from Daiichikosho and XING.
Billboard Japan Hot 100 Top 10 (dated Sept. 23 to 29)
1. [-] Vampire / IZ*ONE (344,828 copies / none / none)
2.  Uma to Shika / Kenshi Yonezu (12,546 copies / 44,428 downloads / none)
3.  Pretender / Official HIGE DANdism (none / 14,449 downloads / 5,664,473 streams)
4. [-] Feel Special / TWICE (none / 8,731 downloads / 3,787,512 streams)
5.  Yesterday / Official HIGE DANdism (none / 14,231 downloads / 3,768,995 streams)
6.  Shukumei / Official HIGE DANdism (none / 10,498 downloads / 4,020,127 streams)
7. [-] Mitaiken Horizon / Aquors (38,161 copies / 6,375 downloads / none)
8.  DAN DAN Dance!!?A.B.C-Z?42,351 copies / none / none)
9.  Marigold / Aimyon (none / 8,267 downloads / 2,750,404 streams)
10.  Paprika / Foorin (3,682 copies / 13,707 downloads / 2,153,488 streams)
[ ]: Position last week
( ): Physical sales / downloads / streams (Top 50 only)