IZ*ONE hits No. 1 on this week’s Billboard Japan Hot 100, dated June 24 to 30, with “Buenos Aires.” The latest single from the girl group, with members from South Korea and Japan, tops the chart, powered mostly by physical sales, with 321,999 copies sold in its first week.
The song is slipping in downloads (No. 81) and streaming (out of the top 100 after peaking at No. 37 last week) after three weeks on the tally, but the number of CDs sold has increased by 18,254 copies from their previous single, “Suki to Iwasetai,” which peaked at No. 2 in February. In other metrics, “Buenos Aires” is at No. 6 for Twitter mentions and No. 15 for look-ups.
Other than the top song, physical sales were slow this week, boosting the digital-driven songs back up. Masaki Suda‘s “Machigaisagashi” rises 3-2, while Official HIGE DANdism‘s “Pretender” rises 4-3, each topping video views and streaming respectively. The figures for both songs’ respective strengths plus downloads are holding steady, so these two tracks will most likely stay in the upper ranks for a while.
Nissy‘s “NA” — the campaign song for airline company ANA’s new direct flight to Perth — debuts in the top 10, coming in at No. 4 for downloads, No. 5 for Twitter, and No. 11 for streaming, off to a better start than his previous single, “Affinity.”
The Billboard Japan Hot 100 combines physical and digital sales, radio airplay, Twitter mentions, YouTube and GYAO! video views, Gracenote look-ups and audio streams from Amazon Music Unlimited, Apple Music, AWA, Google Play Music, KKBOX, LINE MUSIC, Rakuten Music, RecMusic provided by Gfk Japan, as well as dHits and Uta Pass, and karaoke data from Daiichikosho and XING.
Billboard Japan Hot 100 Top 10 (dated June 24 to 30)
1.  Buenos Aires / IZ*ONE (321,999 copies / none / none)
2.  Machigaisagashi / Masaki Suda (none / 23,339 downloads / 3,737,367 streams)
3.  Pretender / Official HIGE DANdism (1,556 copies / 11,795 downloads / 4,730,481 streams)
4.  Marigold / Aimyon (none / 9,856 downloads / 3,005,813 streams)
5.  Wasurerarenaino / Sakanaction (none / 13,227 downloads / 2,511,502 streams)
6.  Lemon / Kenshi Yonezu (2,129 copies / 13,706 downloads / none)
7.  Yasashii Anoko / Spitz (4,878 copies / 25,177 downloads / none)
8.  Hakujitsu / King Gnu (none / 7,331 downloads / 2,681,491 streams)
9. [-] NA / Nissy (none / 15,807 downloads / 1,414,421 streams)
10.  Remember Me / MAN WITH A MISSION (2,993 copies / 15,102 downloads / 1,376,394 streams)
[ ]: Position last week.
( ): Physical sales / downloads / streams (Top 50 only)