Eighteen-year-old R&B artist Mario will release his sophomore album, “Turning Point,” this week via J Records. The Scott Storch-produced single “Let Me Love You” has already hit 11 different Billboard charts, reaching new peaks this week of No. 3 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks tally and the Hot 100.
“Turning Point” features production by Lil Jon, the Underdogs and Harold Lilly, the latter of whom has worked with Mario’s J labelmates Luther Vandross and Monica.
The album is the follow-up to Mario’s self-titled 2002 debut, which reached No. 3 on Billboard’s Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart and has sold nearly 596,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. It featured the smash single “Just a Friend 2002,” which peaked at No. 4 on the Hot 100 and Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks charts.
- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Pinit
- + additional share options added
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Email
- Print this article
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Tumblr
Billboard is a part of Penske Media Corporation. © 2023 Billboard Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.Powered by WordPress.com VIP
optional screen reader