Get out your newspapers and water guns, Rocky Horror Picture Show fans. It’s time to take that wet walk with Ryan McCartan and Victoria Justice — aka Brad Majors and Janet Weiss — through the velvet darkness of the blackest night towards that light “Over at the Frankenstein Place.”
Billboard has the exclusive premiere of the song — which features an interlude by Reeve Carney as Riff Raff.
The track — the third song in the show — is sung by the newly engaged virgin couple as they haplessly make their way to Dr. Frank N. Furter’s castle in search of a phone after their car gets a flat tire (dammit!). Only problem — castles don’t have phones!
The song is included on the soundtrack to FOX’s re-imagined version of the cult classic The Rocky Horror Picture Show: Let’s Do the Time Warp Again. The soundtrack is set for release on Oct. 21 through executive producers Lou Adler’s Ode Sound & visuals, as was the original movie soundtrack.
The two-hour TV event pays tribute to the 1975 cult film The Rocky Horror Picture Show and its fans. It stars Laverne Cox (Orange Is the New Black) as the sexually ambiguous alien mad scientist Dr. Frank-N-Furter, McCartan (Heathers: The Musical, Liv and Maddie) and Justice (Zoey 101, Victorious) as sweethearts Brad and Janet, who stumble upon Dr. Frank-N-Furter’s bizarre Transylvanian science convention. The film also stars Adam Lambert as Eddie, Christina Milian as Magenta and more.
Recorded in Cisco Adler’s Bananabeat Studio and The Village Recorder, the songs were tracked prior to filming. Cisco-who also served as the song and soundtrack producer of the project–also utilized his studio band, The Sunset Boys, consisting of Cody Dickinson (North Mississippi Allstars, The Word), Duane Betts (Dawes), Khari Mateen (The Roots, Cody Simpson), Jeramy Gritter (JC & The Voidz, Minus Light) and horn-blower Mark Rudin, contributed to the record.
The soundtrack includes McCartan on the bonus track, “Once in a While” and an extra dose of Lambert, who lends his vocals to the reprise of “Science Fiction/Double Feature.”
The Rocky Horror Picture Show: Let’s Do the Time Warp Again, will air 8 p.m. Oct. 20 on FOX.
The track listing is as follows:
1. “Science Fiction/Double Feature,” Usherette [Ivy Levan]
2. “Dammit Janet,” Brad and Janet [Ryan McCartan, Victoria Justice]
3. “Over At the Frankenstein Place,” Brad, Janet and Riff-Raff [McCartan, Justice, Reeve Carney]
4. “Time Warp,” Riff-Raff, Magenta, Columbia, Narrator/Criminologist [Carney, Christina Milian, Annaleigh Ashford, Tim Curry]
5. “Sweet Transvestite,” Frank-N-Furter and Brad [Laverne Cox, McCartan]
6. “The Sword Of Damocles,” Rocky [Staz Nair]
7. “I Can Make You A Man,” Frank-N-Furter [Cox]
8. “Hot Patootie,” Eddie [Adam Lambert]
9. “I Can Make You A Man (Reprise),” Frank-N-Furter [Cox]
10. “Touch A Touch A Touch A Touch Me,” Janet [Justice]
11. “Once In Awhile,” Brad [McCartan] (bonus track)
12. “Eddie,” Dr. Scott [Ben Vereen]
13. “Planet Schmanet Janet,” Frank-N-Furter [Cox]
14. “Planet Hot Dog,” Frank-N-Furter [Cox]
15. “Rose Tint My World,” Columbia, Rocky, Brad, Janet [Ashford, Nair, McCartan, Justice]
16. “Don’t Dream It,” Frank N Furter [Cox]
17. “Wild And Untamed Thing,” Frank N Furter [Cox]
18. “I’m Going Home,” Frank N Furter [Cox]
19. “Super Heroes,” Brad, Janet, Narrator/Criminologist [McCartan, Justice, Curry]
20. “Science Fiction/Double Feature (Reprise),” [Lambert, Levan]