North Carolina officials are looking into what caused a college student to be electrocuted at a Red Hot Chili Peppers/Snoop Dogg concert Friday in Charlotte, N.C.
Twenty-six-year-old Ashley Faris was walking barefoot on a wet concrete stairway with metal edges at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre. He was shocked and died at a nearby hospital. A passer-by who tried to help Faris was treated for electric shock.
The incident happened after Snoop Dogg had performed but before the Chili Peppers took the stage. The show continued as planned and many concert-goers never knew anyone was hurt.
The Chili Peppers are scheduled to play Shreveport, La., tomorrow (June 10).
Copyright 2003 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.