– Sony BMG has licensed its catalog to the PlayPhone mobile content service, which includes ringtones, voice tones games and images. PlayPhone powers the mobile media services of such outlets as Wal-Mart Mobile, RealArcade Mobile, ABC Television, Cartoon Network and Adult Swim, among others.
– AOL Music introduced a mobile version of its Top 100 Music Videos desktop widget. It allows users to watch top-rated videos, including AOL Music Session exclusives, as well as buy ringtones, read news and view photos.
– RealNetworks introduced a new service for wireless operators that would allow them to sell ringback tones on the back of ringtone sales. Users purchasing a ringtone would be offered the opportunity to also buy the ringtone as well for a combined cost.
– QuickPlay introduced a service to stream XM Radio programming to BlackBerry smartphone devices. It provides 20 XM channels for $8 a month, and works across all operators offering the device.
– Verizon Wireless added a Bollywood music channel to its VCast Video service with content from Saavn, a South Asain digital content distribution firm. The two previously worked together on Bollywood ringtones and ringback tones.