With the success of their latest album, Obsessed, Dan + Shay are continuing to solidify their standing as one of the top new duos in country music. With songs like “19 You + Me” and the chart-topping “Nothin’ Like You,” the pair of Dan Smyers and Shay Mooney are the natural artists to ask about their five favorite country duos. Their picks ran the gamut from two of the all-time greatest in the genre’s history to a pair of the fastest-rising duos on the radio today.
1. Brooks & Dunn: “They are so talented and have such a presence about them. They are such great songwriters.” (Shay)
2. Sugarland: “The very first show I ever saw when I moved to Nashville was Sugarland. Jennifer and Kristian have such a great chemistry, and great songs.” (Dan)
3. Big & Rich: “They are still out there rocking and putting out great music. ‘Look At You’ is a slam dunk smash. All of that was built on songwriting. That’s how we got started, so they were so inspiring to us.” (Shay)
4. Brothers Osborne: “They are really great guys and such fabulous musicians. They are also two of the nicest people in the business.” (Dan)
5. Maddie & Tae: “They have really been killing it, too. It’s a tough climate for females, but they are breaking through. They have such great harmonies. We’ve done some shows together and they are just great to listen to.” (Shay)