BLACKPINK is the quickly rising K-pop girl group whose fierce hip-hop/pop combination and powerful group identity have inspired a huge fandom around the world and, now, in Hollywood. With a major festival moment at Coachella 2019 and a slew of celebrity supporters showing up at their current In Your Area tour, take a look at just a handful of other famous faces who are ready to join their official fan club.
1. Dua Lipa: One of the K-pop star’s first overseas supporters, the “New Rules” diva met some of the members during a trip to South Korea and eventually reached out to them for a collaboration. “Kiss and Make Up” is a special track on the deluxe edition of the singer’s self-titled, debut album, and with more than 200 million streams on Spotify, we’d say this is a very powerful friendship.
2. Ariana Grande: In a now-viral tweet, the “7 Rings” chart-topper told a fan via Instagram message that she not only knew who the K-pop stars are but hoped to watch their performance during Weekend 2 of Coachella. Could she join the girls on stage? The Internet might break if it happened.
everyone thank me when we get a pic pic.twitter.com/jOLDU2CvTg
— lisa’s gf (@thottielisa) March 27, 2019
HARRY IS A BLINK CONFIRMED pic.twitter.com/9pb9h3YvR9
— y? jamais vu (@iconjmn) April 18, 2019
4. Halsey: There’s a lot of mutual love between BLACKPINK and Halsey. When member Rosé shared a special cover she recorded of Halsey’s “Eyes Closed,” Halsey showed loads of appreciation for her take on the track and has since interacted with the band multiple times on social media — including rocking out to the group’s “Ddu-Du Ddu-Du” during a glam session.
— h (@halsey) March 30, 2019
5. James Corden: After the girls appeared and performed on The Late Late Show, Corden announced himself a member of BLACKPINK’s official fandom, the Blinks.
I’m a Blink. Deal with it. #BLACKPINKxCorden
— James Corden (@JKCorden) April 19, 2019
6. Diplo: The super-producer played his Coachella set after BLACKPINK and made sure to snap a pic with the girls — wearing the band’s namesake colors like the best kind of fanboy.
7 and 8. Kendall Jenner and Hailey Bieber: The models made sure they had prime viewing for BLACKPINK at Coachella.
YES BLACKPINK ADDING MORE FAMOUS FAN GIRLS ON THEIR LONG LIST #BLACKPINKxCoachella_D1
— –art content soon– (@daebakpink) April 13, 2019
9. Pharrell: When BLACKPINK met up with Pharrell for this (very cute) backstage photo, the group added another famous producer to their fanbase.
10. Jaden Smith: Noted K-pop stan Jaden Smith made sure to link up with BLACKPINK at Coachella to take some photos and share hugs with the members.
BLACKPINK with Jaden Smith ?? pic.twitter.com/4vJQVxtnv6
— Lisa from Blackpink (@bestoflisa) April 13, 2019
11. Todrick Hall: The always-viral performer supported the group’s new Hot 100 hit “Kill This Love” by sharing his take on the choreography with Chester Lockhart.
— CHESTER LOCKHART (@chesterlockhart) April 7, 2019
12. DJ Snake: Another day, another hitmaking producer snapping photos with BLACKPINK. DJ Snake was also showing love at the group’s Los Angeles concert.
13. James Charles: Earlier this year the makeup artist and Covergirl model announced he is “officially a stan” and “beyond obsessed” with the ladies.
JAMES CHARLES TALKING ABOUT #BLACKPINK IN HUS LAST VIDEO IS LITERALLY ME
— gigi97 (@lalisa_energy) April 17, 2019
14. LANY: The L.A. band’s frontman, Paul Klein, said the BP babes were “actually the sweetest girls I’ve ever met.” Fun fact: Rosé is a big LANY fan and shared an adorable photograph with just herself and Klein captioned “I’m alive.”
15. Benny Blanco: Pop fans’ mouths began watering at the thought of what a Benny Blanco x BLACKPINK collaboration would sound like. The “Eastside” hitmaker uploaded a photo with the group saying, “Last night I met my idols.”
16. Drake: When Drizzy followed BLACKPINK on Instagram, it set off a wave of wonder and intrigue over whether the two could potentially collaborate and the impact their team-up could have on the music scene.
— YGD FOR BLACKPINK (@YGDreamers_) April 18, 2019
17. IU: The chart-topping K-pop solo star gave an early co-sign to BLACKPINK’s vocal gem Rosé when she picked the 22-year-old as the singer she’d most like to collaborate with in 2017.
— Soompi (@soompi) July 5, 2017
18. Ricky Dillon: The YouTube star’s Twitter review of their Coachella performance says it all:
BLACKPINK changed my life pic.twitter.com/pkPp3wJDnc
— Ricky Dillon (@RickyPDillon) April 13, 2019
19. Niki: The Indonesian singer under 88rising met up with her good friend and BLACKPINK rapper Lisa while the group was in L.A.
20. Irene Kim: The Korean supermodel shared that BLACKPINK is one of her “muses” and has met up with the members at different fashion shows and events.
here’s irene kim talking about jennie and blackpink pic.twitter.com/kS3IE4kdE3
— rosie– (@jendrblndr) June 22, 2018
21. KARD: The co-ed K-pop group has mentioned BLACKPINK multiple times, saying that they are not only fans but would love to collaborate in the future.
KARD mentioned #BLACKPINK as one of the artists they like.
J.seph: “I’m a fan of BLACKPINK. I really want to meet them in a music show.”
“I want to perform a duet with BLACKPINK-sunbaenim. I really do.”
— ??? ?? toni—- (@black2dpink824) July 25, 2018
22. Charli XCX: The always forward-thinking pop star included the quartet as one of the artists she called the “motherfucking future” alongside Troye Sivan, King Princess and more.
LISTEN 2 MY PLAYLIST ?THE MOTHERFUCKING FUTURE? ON @SPOTIFY NOW – FT @CLAIRO @ARIANAGRANDE @TROYESIVAN @YGOFFICIALBLINK @TOVESTRYKE @KODIESHANE @KINGPRINCESS69 @SUSHITRASH @BAD_GYAL_PUSSY & MORE. I’M UPDATING IT EACH MONTH SO SEND ME SHIT U LOVE — https://t.co/cvOYwa6IpI pic.twitter.com/g7TMoyEmtO
— CHARLI XCX (@charli_xcx) July 10, 2018
23. Steve Aoki: After collaborations with BTS and Monsta X, the DJ/producer says he’s been reaching out to BLACKPINK for another global K-pop hit.
¡@BillboardArg nos trae la BOMBA del AÑO! —- @steveaoki nos contó, antes que a nadie, lo que está tramando y es… IN CRE Í BLE, ¿o no @PauloLondra? —
Ya grabó con @BTS_twt y @OfficialMonstaX y encima, tiene un mensaje para @ygofficialblink — pic.twitter.com/9y5gUBdXPu
— Coca-Cola For Me (@CocaColaForMeAr) March 31, 2019
24. Zedd: Member Jisoo performs a cover of Zedd’s “Clarity” during the group’s tour, and the producer responded with heart eyes when a fan alerted him to the cover.
— Zedd (@Zedd) January 12, 2019
25. SNH48: The Chinese idol girl group has covered the group multiple times for fun dance covers during performances.