We’ve all been on the edge of our seats over J Balvin’s new album, Energia, will be out in all formats tomorrow (June 24).
Before you start listening, here are seven things you should know about the Colombian star’s new set.
1, The title is the result of electricity. Balvin got some energy before giving a name to the album. “I was in L.A., in the studio. And, that day everything that I touched shocked me,” Balvin said.
2. The album has 15 songs, but only five other artists collaborate with him on four different tracks: Pharrell Williams & BIA (“Safari”), Daddy Yankee (“Pierde Los Modales”), Juanes (“No hay titulo”) and Yandel (“Acércate”). Even though Balvin wanted this album to be all about him, we really expect several remixes in the future.
3. The director for “Safari’s” music video is Grant Singer (The Weeknd, Skrillex, Ariana Grande) and it will be released in two weeks. The video was shot during Memorial Day weekend and J Balvin has been giving sneak peeks since then.
4. J Balvin has a sweet side, as evidence by the song “No Hay Titulo,” made even more romantic with Juanes’ guitar.
5. The first track, “Veneno,” is special for Balvin. He got out of his comfort zone (reggaeton) to show fans he can also rap.
6. When J Balvin dreamed of becoming a reggaeton singer, Daddy Yankee was his idol. “Pierde Los Modales” feat. Yankee represents his dream coming true.
7. His song “Snapchat” was actually borne from all the private snaps that he receives. We can only imagine how many he gets every day!
His current single “Bobo” just reached No. 1 on Hot Latin Songs, and also surpassed the 100 million views on Vevo in only one month.