Rivera walked away with the winning vote Sunday, July 10, during the season finale. With his win, Rivera’s coach Natalia Jimenez earns her second victory on the show.
Here are five things you must know about the winner:
1. He doesn’t take no for an answer. Christopher, a 14-year-old from Puerto Rico, auditioned for the first time in 2013, but back then none of the coaches turned their seat.
2. He’s a dreamer. During the backstage interviews (right after he was selected), he confessed that the night before he dreamed he was going to be part of Natalia Jimenez’s team.
3. He’s a filmmaker. When he was younger, he studied digital cinematography and loves to make short films.
4. Natalia loves him. During the round of battles, Christopher won Natalia’s vote getting the pass to the final stage of the musical competition.
5. He’s paid his dues. La Voz Kids is the second reality/singing show that Christopher has won. In 2013 he won Idol Puerto Rico.
With his win, Christopher Rivera took home $50,000 in cash, a recording contract with Universal Music and a 2016 Nissan Rogue for his family.