The Billboard Latin Music Awards are the culmination of Billboard’s Latin Music Week, which took place on April 22-25 at The Venetian in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Ozuna took home 11 awards, including the coveted artist of the year prize, and became the biggest winner in a single year in the history of the awards.
Besides big wins, epic performances, and memorable speeches that aired on Telemundo, check out some of the action that was not shown on TV.
1. Reik, who won Latin Pop Song of the Year for “Me Niego” in collaboration with Wisin & Ozuna, announced a J Balvin and Lalo Ebratt collaboration is in the works. “We’re very happy because we admire the two artists,” they said of the Colombian stars.
2. Banda MS revealed that they will celebrate their three Billboard Latin Music Awards win by going out to dinner with the entire band and staff.
3. Rosalia and Juan Luis Guerra met for the first time backstage.
4. Luis Fonsi and Sebastian Yatra walked down the hallways backstage singing their new single “Date la Vuelta” singing out loud.
5. After not receiving his award on stage, Daddy Yankee arrived at the Billboard Latin Music Awards to sing with Ozuna on stage.
6. Raymix, who previously worked at NASA, revealed that a group of students are building a satellite and will use a sample of his song.
7. At the media room, Lali Esposito joked that she felt like the president of a country in front of the pedestal. She also revealed her new single “Somos Amante” is on the way.
8. Anuel AA teased the press backstage saying he was going to get married but there’s no date yet.
9. Also, Billboard‘s Leila Cobo, VP, Latin Industry Lead, who was backstage, took a moment to reflect on the night’s show when urban star Anuel AA appeared to thank Cobo for all her hard work and support of his music. The brief exchange, in front of onlooking media, ended with a double-hand, high-five before Anuel took off into the night to celebrate after winning the coveted award for artist of the year, new… he competed in the category against girlfriend Karol G.