Last night’s (Jan. 28) 60th Annual Grammy Awards were filled with powerful moments, surprise winners and awe-inspiring performances. From Kendrick Lamar’s jaw-dropping opening number to Bruno Mars’ sweep of record, song and album of the year, there were plenty of memorable takeaways that were immediately talked about on social media. Fans wasted no time in voicing their excitement throughout the evening, taking to Facebook to share their thoughts on the awards.
The official “Grammys Live from the Red Carpet” show was streamed live on the 60th Grammy Awards show page on Facebook Watch, The Recording Academy Facebook page, and the CBS Facebook page.
Of course their was much to talk about: Bruno Mars came, saw and conquered last night, taking home all the top categories (record of the year, album of the year, and song of the year); Elton John performed a heartwarming rendition of “Tiny Dancer” with Miley Cyrus, and much more.
Check out the top 5 most talked-about moments on Facebook related to the Grammys.
1. Bruno Mars winning Record of the Year for “24K Magic”
2. Lady Gaga performing “Joanne” and “Million Reasons”
3. Kendrick Lamar opening the show with U2’s Bono, The Edge, and Dave Chappelle performing “XXX” and “King’s Dead”
4. Elton John and Miley Cyrus performing “Tiny Dancer”
5. Patti LuPone reprising her 1981 Grammy performance of “Don’t Cry For Me Argentina” in tribute to the music of Andrew Lloyd Webber