Star Trek legend William Shatner will release his first-ever Christmas album, Shatner Claus – The Christmas Album, on Oct. 26 on Cleopatra Records. The actor known for his stentorian voice and dramatic line reads has given 13 classic holiday songs his own comedic spin, with help from music icons including as Iggy Pop, Brad Paisley, Judy Collins, Billy Gibbons and others.
The first release from the album is a rendition of “Jingle Bells,” sung alongside punk/spoken word ranter Henry Rollins, which combines a classic orchestral intro that fades into Shatner and Rollins’ voices bouncing off of one another, as if a story is being told. The rowdy beats and added sound effects of galloping horses compliment Shatner’s exaggerated vocals.
With an eclectic range that swings from jazz and blues to rockabilly, bossa nova and rock, the set also features Shatner riding alongside Paisley on a honky tonk take on “Blue Christmas” and punk godhead Pop tucking into a unique version of “Silent Night.”
Listen below to Shatner’s version of “Jingle Bells” and see the full track list below.
Shatner Claus track lsit:
1. “Jingle Bells” feat. Henry Rollins
2. “Blue Christmas” feat. Brad Paisley
3. “Little Drummer Boy” feat. Joe Louis Walker
4. “Winter Wonderland” feat. Todd Rundgren & Artimus Pyle (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
5. “Twas The Night Before Christmas” feat. Mel Collins (King Crimson)
6. “Run Rudolph Run” feat. Elliot Easton (The Cars)
7. “O Come, O Come Emmanuel” feat. Rick Wakeman (Yes)
8. “Silver Bells” feat. Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull)
9. “One for You, One For Me”
10. “Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer” feat. Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top)
11. “Silent Night” feat. Iggy Pop
12. “White Christmas” feat. Judy Collins
13. “Feliz Navidad” feat. Dani Bander
14. “Jingle Bells” feat Henry Rollins (Punk Rock Version)