The action-packed "Chase Me" video is directed by Andrew Donoho.
It's fitting that one of the most anticipated heist movies in recent memory now has an adrenaline-pumping music video. A week before Edgar Wright's Baby Driver hits theaters, Danger Mouse has released the high octane clip for "Chase Me," an original song from the Ansel Elgort-starring film that also features Big Boi and Run the Jewels.
The rappers take their spots in a getaway car driven by Elgort's ice-veined character Baby, whose getaway dashes are soundtracked by a highly curated list of pump-up songs. The video opens with Elgort cueing up the track as he waits for the masked El-P and Danger Mouse to hop in his car with the loot. El-P drops verses as Danger keeps a lookout for cops in pursuit and Elgort keeps his cool while dodging in and out of traffic.
Mike and Big Boi make the scene in their own bad ride, burning the streets at night over the song's bare-bones, old-school beat. "You ain't gonna get your money jack/ I got the bag it ain't comin' back," Big Boi warns in an ominous whisper before dropping his own nimble verse. The song ends with El-P's dire warning: "You want your money back, chase me."
Check out the video:
"Chase Me" -- which samples the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion's "Bellbottoms" -- is featured on the 30-song soundtrack to the film, Music From the Motion Picture Baby Driver, out Friday (June 23) on Danger Mouse's 30th Century Records/Columbia Records; both Mike and Big Boi have small cameos in the film.
Baby Driver soundtrack track listing:
- "Bellbottoms" - Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
- "Harlem Shuffle" - Bob & Earl
- "Egyptian Reggae" - Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers
- "Smokey Joe’s La La" - Googie Rene
- "Let’s Go Away For Awhile" - The Beach Boys
- "B-A-B-Y" - Carla Thomas
- "Kashmere" - Kashmere Stage Band
- "Unsquare Dance" - Dave Brubeck
- "Neat Neat Neat" - The Damned
- "Easy (Single Version)" - The Commodores
- "Debora" - T. Rex
- "Debra" - Beck
- "Bongolia" - Incredible Bongo Band
- "Baby Let Me Take You (in My Arms)" - The Detroit Emeralds
- "Early In The Morning" - Alexis Korner
- "The Edge" - David McCallum
- "Nowhere To Run" - Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
- "Tequila" - The Button Down Brass
- "When Something Is Wrong With My Baby" - Sam & Dave
- "Every Little Bit Hurts" - Brenda Holloway
- "Intermission" - Blur
- "Hocus Pocus (Original Single Version)" - Focus
- "Radar Love (1973 Single Edit)" - Golden Earring
- "Never, Never Gone Give Ya Up" - Barry White
- "Know How" - Young MC
- "Brighton Rock" - Queen
- "Easy" - Sky Ferreira
- "Baby Driver" - Simon & Garfunkel
- "Was He Slow (Credit Roll Version)" - Kid Koala
- "Chase Me" - Danger Mouse featuring Run The Jewels and Big Boi