This week's Players and Practices includes Razor & Tie Records, Verve Music Group, Sciorra Leaness Averill & Rubenstein and BMI.
- Razor & Tie Records in New York ups Victor Zaraya to VP of finance and operations. He previously was senior director of finance and operations.
- Rhythmic top 40 WBBM in Chicago appoints John Martin VP/GM. He was president of Converge Media.
- Verve Music Group in New York names Jamie Krents manager of international operations.
- Attorneys Nick Sciorra, Chuck Leaness, Craig Averill and Todd Rubenstein have opened a New York-based entertainment law firm.
- The firm, Sciorra Leaness Averill & Rubenstein, will advise clients in film, TV, book and magazine publishing, restaurants and nightclubs, brand licensing and development, venture financing, apparel and advertising/marketing.
Clients include executives at HBO, Miramax, Lion's Gate, CAA, Sony, Universal Music and EMI; music acts Bonecrusher and Fischerspooner; Wind-Up Records Merchandising; producers Mike Mangini (Joss Stone) and Errol McCalla (Beyoncé, Destiny's Child); the Blue Note and B.B. King's nightclubs; Comedy Central; the publisher of In Touch magazine; and actress Annabella Sciorra.
- BMI in Nashville promotes Misha Hunke to senior director of performing rights and Eric Nance to associate director of performing rights. Hunke previously was director of performing rights, while Nance was senior researcher.