Yahoo Taiwan will launch on Wednesday (April 25) a download music service with a downloadable library of 320,000 titles. The tracks will become available in coming months.

Yahoo Taiwan will launch on Wednesday (April 25) a download music service with a downloadable library of 320,000 titles. The tracks will become available in coming months.

About 25% of the repertoire will consist of Chinese-language music, with the international content accounting for the remaining 75%. Consumption is expected to be 60% Chinese-repertoire, according to Dennis Yang, director of entertainment business services at Yahoo Taiwan.

The launch of the download service comes after Yahoo Taiwan launched on March 15 a subscription streaming service with a catalog of 250,000 songs.

More than 600,000 users downloaded the Yahoo player in the first two weeks, according to Yang. Priced at TW$149 ($4.75) per month, the Taiwan offering was Yahoo Music's first non-English service and the third market for the company after the United States and Canada.

The new service will charge TW$30 ($0.95) for downloads. Selected titles will be priced at TW$25 ($0.80) for subscribers to the streaming service.

Users will be able to burn any one song on up to five CDs and transfer to up to three mobile devices.