To reach true scale services need to partner directly with wireless operators and that’s what Thumbplay has done with its Thumbplay Music streaming service. The company has teamed up with Cellular South to bring the cloud to subscribers using Android and BlackBerry smartphones for a $10 monthly subscription.
From the release:
Thumbplay Music includes its own in-app media player and boasts several compelling features, including:
· Unlimited, on-demand access to any artist or album; millions of songs to choose from.
· Build a personal music collection with Favorites and Playlist creation; auto-sync between smartphone and PC/Mac.
· Online and offline access: No connection? No problem! Listen to music on the subway or in-flight. Available anytime, anywhere.
· Genie for music discovery: Instantly generate customized recommendations from favorite songs.
· Search: Find music by artist, song, album or genre; includes free previews of all songs.
· Import existing iTunes® playlists within Thumbplay Music’s companion desktop app. With a few clicks, recreate iTunes playlists and have them available on smartphone and PC/Mac.