2. Speaking of MNEK, the British singer/producer shared his coming out story with Billboard for National Coming Out Day. Check out his video, as well as clips from Neon Trees’ Tyler Glenn, Scissor Sisters’ Jake Shears, Elvis Duran and more here.
3. Another artist that participated in our project is buzzy London-based Sakima. His stellar 7-song EP Ricky is out today and includes his impossibly catchy YXLR-assisted “Daddy.” Sakima spoke to Billboard about how Fifth Harmony’s “Work From Home” inspired the track.
4. MTV's TRL social media correspondent Gigi Gorgeous is hosting CarnEvil for Good, a Halloween bash to help raise funds and awareness around the importance of mental health for transyouth. For supporters who can’t attend the event, Gigi has created a GoFundMe page so others can participate in the cause.
5. P!nk has released her fifth album in over five years, Beautiful Trauma. The track “Wild Hearts Can’t Be Broken,” which was inspired by the suffragette movement, is a notable standout.
6. Fischerspooner has announced their first album in almost a decade, SIR, due Feb. 16. The album is produced by Michael Stipe of R.E.M.-fame, Casey Spooner’s first gay lover. The pair returned to their former home to work on the upcoming album. Check out the track “Togetherness” featuring Chairlift’s Caroline Polachek.
7. Best known for his remixes for artists like Britney Spears and Lady Gaga, producer Brad Walsh has released a cool, atmospheric record. Titled Antiglot, the album is composed entirely of layered, lyric-less vocals. Our favorite track? His haunting take on Sia's "Cellophane."