King Gnu and Official HIGE DANdism continue to dominate the digital metrics, however, with the former band's "Hakujitsu" holding at No. 2 on the Japan Hot 100 by leading streaming -- fueled by the release of its highly anticipated new album, CEREMONY -- preventing the latter's "Pretender" from ruling the metric for the 35th week.
Meanwhile, Official HIGE DANdism dominated downloads after its new single called "I LOVE…" hit No. 1 (32,825 downloads) and nudged "Pretender" from the top spot this week (No. 2). King Gnu's "Hakujitsu" follows at No. 3. These two breakout bands are also competing for the top spot in video views and looking to dominate the charts in the first quarter of 2020.
The Billboard Japan Hot 100 combines physical and digital sales, radio airplay, Twitter mentions, YouTube and GYAO! video views, Gracenote look-ups, audio streams from Amazon Music Unlimited, Apple Music, AWA, Google Play Music, KKBOX, LINE MUSIC, Rakuten Music, RecMusic provided by Gfk Japan, dHits, Uta Pass and Spotify, plus karaoke data from Daiichikosho and XING.
Billboard Japan Hot 100 Top 10 (dated Jan. 13 to 19)
1. [-] Soyutoko aruyone? / SKE48 (342,134 copies / none / none)
2.  Hakujitsu / King Gnu (none / 23,547 downloads / 7,921,527 streams)
3.  Pretender / Official HIGE DANdism (none / 23,616 downloads / 6,727,189 streams)
4. [-] 9 and Three Quarters (Run Away) / TOMORROW X TOGETHER (98,830 copies / none / 1,648,060 streams)
5.  Teenager Forever / King Gnu (none / 8,233 downloads / 5,500,786 streams)
6.  I LOVE… / Official HIGE DANdism (none / 32,825 downloads / 2,868,662 streams)
7. [-] Ishiki takai otome no dilemma / Tsubaki Factory (79,248 copies / none / none)
8.  Gurenge / LiSA (2,779 copies / 18,419 downloads / 3,996,677 streams)
9.  Machigaisagashi / Masaki Suda (none / 15,438 downloads / 3,875,148 streams)
10.  Shukumei / Official HIGE DANdism (none / 9,283 downloads / 3,925,936 streams)
[ ]: Position last week
( ): Physical sales / downloads / streams (Top 50 only)