Singer-songwriter Aimyon's new release "Manatsu no Yoru no Nioi ga suru," ("It smells like night in midsummer") the opener for the ongoing TV series Heaven? Gokuraku Restaurant, rose 20-7 on the Japan Hot 100 after the CD went on sale during the chart week. The highly anticipated new song by the young hitmaker comes in at No. 1 for radio, No. 2 for look-ups, No. 6 for downloads, No. 8 for streaming, and No. 20 for sales, faring well overall.
Meanwhile, her long-running hit "Marigold" drops to No. 11 after staying in the top 10 for 30 consecutive weeks. But the song is still at No. 3 for streaming after adding some streams to last week's figures, and is still in a position to return to the top 10 depending on the performance of other songs.
The Billboard Japan Hot 100 combines physical and digital sales, radio airplay, Twitter mentions, YouTube and GYAO! video views, Gracenote look-ups and audio streams from Amazon Music Unlimited, Apple Music, AWA, Google Play Music, KKBOX, LINE MUSIC, Rakuten Music, RecMusic provided by Gfk Japan, as well as dHits and Uta Pass, and karaoke data from Daiichikosho and XING.
Billboard Japan Hot 100 Top 10 (dated July 22 to 28)
1.  Breakthrough / TWICE (288,502 copies / 3,451 downloads / 2,213,588 streams)
2. [-] FRUSTRATION / SKE48 (363,394 copies / none / none)
3.  Ai ni dekirukoto wa mada arukai / RADWIMPS (none / 73,354 downloads / none)
4.  Pretender / Official HIGE DANdism (none / 12,172 downloads / 5,297,762 streams)
5.  HAPPY HAPPY / TWICE (46,599 copies / none / 978,140 streams)
6. [-] FIRE BIRD / Roselia (31,064 copies / 20,475 downloads / none)
7.  Manatsu no Yoru no Nioi ga suru / Aimyon (5,077 copies / 18,585 downloads / 2,066,812 streams)
8.  Machigaisagashi / Masaki Suda (none / 14,498 downloads / 3,342,915 streams)
9.  Grand Escape feat. Toko Miura / RADWIMPS (none / 53,353 downloads / none)
10.  Doremifasolasido / Hinatazaka46 (25,313 copies / 7,346 downloads / 1,157,330 streams)
[ ]: Position last week
( ): Physical sales / downloads / streams (Top 50 only)