Nogizaka46 Leads, Official HIGE DANdism Rules Streaming for Second Week on Japan Hot 100
Nogizaka46's new single "Sing Out!" rules the Billboard Japan Hot 100 dated May 27 to June 2, selling over a million copies (1,058,575) in its first week.
The popular girl group jumps 9-1 on the tally, leading physical sales, look-ups, and Twitter mentions, while also coming in at No. 7 for downloads and No. 14 for streaming.
The group's previous single, "Kaerimichi wa Toomawari Shitakunaru," sold 1,103,609 copies, while the one before that, "Jikochu de Iko!," sold 1,052,776 copies upon release. The latest release is on par with these two in terms of first-week CD sales, and looks like it will continue to rack up physical sales points in the coming weeks.
As "Lemon" extends its lengthy stay in the top 10, J-pop singer-songwriter Kenshi Yonezu scores yet another top 10 hit with "Umi no Yuurei," which debuts at No. 9 this week. The accompanying music video for the theme of the animated movie Children of the Sea dominated video views after its release May 28, beating Aimyon's long-running hit "Marigold" by a wide margin. The song also performed well in Twitter (No. 2) and radio airplay (No. 5).
Masaki Suda's "Machigaisagashi" slips to No. 8 on the Japan Hot 100. While the song written and produced by Kenshi Yonezu continues to rule downloads, the figure has dropped to 46,608 units from last week's 74,204, and "Hoshi no Fanfare" by Atarashii Chizu join Music came in a close second with 43,749 units.
Official HIGE DANdism's "Pretender" continues to lead streaming for the second consecutive week, adding half a million streams to last week's 3,750,297 to total 4,259,716 this week. The pop ballad also continues to hold No. 5 for video views with 2,523,944 views, also about half a million more than last week's 2,030,790 views.
Though it slips 2-4 on the Japan Hot 100, the song's total points also increased from 7,267.57 to 7,490.79, meaning it still maintains enough momentum to stay in the upper ranks of the tally.
The Billboard Japan Hot 100 combines physical and digital sales, radio airplay, Twitter mentions, YouTube and GYAO! video views, Gracenote look-ups and audio streams from Amazon Music Unlimited, Apple Music, AWA, Google Play Music, KKBOX, LINE MUSIC, Rakuten Music, RecMusic provided by Gfk Japan, as well as dHits and Uta Pass, and karaoke data from Daiichikosho and XING.
Billboard Japan Hot 100 Top 10 (dated May 27 to June 2)
1.  Sing Out! / Nogizaka46 (1,058,575 copies / 12,868 downloads / 1,077,706 streams)
2. [-] Happy Ending / SEVENTEEN (214,138 copies / 3,554 downloads / 593,265 streams)
3. [-] Atama no Naka no Film / BOYS AND MEN (120,031 copies / none / none)
4.  Pretender / Official HIGE DANdism (1,932 copies / 22,021 downloads / 4,259,716 streams)
5.  Marigold / Aimyon (none / 14,595 downloads / 3,320,130 streams)
6. [-] Hoshi no Fanfare / Atarashii Chizu join Music (none / 43,749 downloads / none)
7.  Lemon / Kenshi Yonezu (2,567 copies / 19,488 downloads / none)
8.  Machigaisagashi / Masaki Suda (none / 46,608 downloads / none)
9. [-] Umi no Yuurei / Kenshi Yonezu (none / none / none)
10.  Kimi ni Todokumade / Little Glee Monster (31,494 copies / 6,800 downloads / none)
[ ]: Position last week.
( ): Physical sales / downloads / streams (Top 50 only)