HKT48 Debuts at No. 1 as BLACKPINK Leads Video Views on Japan Hot 100
HKT48's new single, "Ishi," blasts in at No. 1 on the latest Billboard Japan Hot 100, dated April 8 to 14. The AKB48 sister group's final song with departing member Rino Sashihara leads physical sales with 231,142 CDs sold, debuting at the top of the chart powered mostly by this metric.
The Hakata-based girl group's previous single, "Hayaokuri Calendar," sold 173,625 copies during its first week, so it appears Sashihara's looming "graduation" from the group has boosted sales by over 60,000 copies.
BLACKPINK recently announced the Japan leg of its world tour, scheduled for domes in Tokyo, Osaka and Fukuoka. The view count for the K-pop quartet's music video for "Kill This Love" shot up by double to 4,965,303 views from last week's 2,356,080, keeping Kenshi Yonezu's "Lemon" at bay to rule the video views metric.
"Kill This Love" also performed well in downloads (No. 6) and streaming (No. 2) and jumped 14-6 on this week's Japan Hot 100. This year is already turning out to be a milestone year for Jennie, Jisoo, Lisa and Rosé, as their first song of this year hit No. 41 on the Billboard Hot 100, the highest position for a K-pop girl group, and they made history earlier in April by becoming the first K-pop girl group to hit the stage at California's Coachella festival.
Aimyon's "Marigold" holds at No. 3, logging its 40th week on the Japan Hot 100, as her new single, "Harunohi," rises a notch to No. 7. The theme song of the new Crayon Shinchan animated movie dips in downloads from last week's 29,624 units to this week's 20,736, but gains in streaming from 1,156,889 to 1,856,075 streams, proving the young singer-songwriter's strength in this metric.
"Harunohi" was released on CD April 17, so there's a possibility the song will overtake the lasting hit "Marigold" on the next Japan Hot 100.
The Billboard Japan Hot 100 combines physical and digital sales, radio airplay, Twitter mentions, YouTube and GYAO! video views, Gracenote look-ups and audio streams from Amazon Music Unlimited, Apple Music, AWA, Google Play Music, KKBOX, LINE MUSIC, Rakuten Music, RecMusic provided by Gfk Japan, as well as dHits and Uta Pass, and karaoke data from Daiichikosho and XING.
Billboard Japan Hot 100 Top 10 (dated April 8 to 14)
1. [-] Ishi / HKT48 (231,142 copies / none / none)
2. [-] Koi wa Accha Accha / Angerme (62,870 copies / none / none)
3.  Marigold / Aimyon (none / 14,456 downloads / 3,436,744 streams)
4.  Lemon / Kenshi Yonezu (3,421 copies / 24,364 downloads / none)
5. [-] SUPERMOON / HIROOMI TOSAKA (35,281 copies / 7,192 downloads / none)
6.  Kill This Love / BLACKPINK (none / 11,986 downloads / 2,218,575 streams)
7.  Harunohi / Aimyon (none / 20,736 downloads / 1,856,075 streams)
8.  Kyun / Hinatazaka46 (14,734 copies / 4,155 downloads / 824,804 streams)
9.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY / back number (none / 21,053 downloads / none)
10. [-] Tokimeki ♡ Sendenbu no VICTORY STORY / Tokimeki ♡ Sendenbu (41,411 copies / none / none)
[ ]: Position last week.
( ): Physical sales / downloads / streams (Top 50 only)