<a href="/music/TWICE">TWICE</a>'s "What is Love?" jumps 40-6 on this week's Japan Hot 100 after debuting in the top 40 last week through Twitter mentions (No. 2). The multinational girl group rises 2-1 for Twitter this week and also rules streaming, while also excelling in video views (at No. 2 with a little short of 4 million views) and downloads (No. 6).
The release is in the form of a mini-album, which excludes it from gaining physical sales points that only counts singles, so the girls have broken into the top 10 mostly through the digital-based metrics of the chart's measurement.
The Billboard Japan Hot 100 combines physical and digital sales, radio airplay, Twitter mentions, YouTube and GYAO! video views, Gracenote look-ups and audio streams from Apple Music, AWA, Google Play Music, KKBOK, LINE MUSIC, Rakuten Music, Recochoku provided by Gfk Japan, as well as streaming counts based on lyrics displayed on PetitLyrics.
Watch NGT48's "Haru Wa Dokokara Kurunoka?" music video here:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_YybtAuT4YE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Billboard Japan Hot 100 Top 20 (dated April 9 to 15)
1. Haru Ha Doko Kara Kurunoka? / NGT48
2. Lemon / Kenshi Yonezu
3. One Times One / Kobukuro
4. Shanana Koko Ni Oide / B2Takes!
5. Aeru Made / B1A4
6. What is Love? / TWICE
7. Glass Wo Ware! / Keyakizaka46
8. Just The Way You Are / EXILE ATSUSHI
9. Xiao Yi Xiao / Momoiro Clover Z
10. Doraemon / Gen Hoshino
11. ZERO / Masaharu Fukuyama
12. Sayonara Elegy / Masaki Suda
13. Don't Leave Me / BTS
14. Change / ONE OK ROCK
15. Shape Of You / Ed Sheeran
16. Uchiage Hanabi / DAOKO X Kenshi Yonezu
17. Sakura No Kaze / Anastasia (Sumire Uesaka), Kyoko Igarashi (Atsumi Tanezaki), Yoshino Yorita (Yuuki Takada)
18. Shampoo No Nioi Ga Shita / 22/7
19. Syncronicity / Nogizaka 46
20. Yokubomono / NMB48