Nogizaka46's 'Nigemizu' Sells Over 1 Million Copies in First Week to Top Japan Hot 100
Nogizaka46's "Nigemizu" debuts at No. 1 on the latest Billboard Japan Hot 100 chart dated Aug. 7 to 13 after selling over 1 million physical copies in its first week.
Five different versions of the group's 18th CD single were released Aug. 9 and sold a total of 1,028,543 copies during the tracking week -- 180,000 more than the first-week sales of their previous hit single, "Influencer" -- landing the Japanese girl group at No. 1 for physical sales, look-ups and Twitter mentions.
The song is also going strong in other metrics of the chart's measurement, coming in at No. 5 for radio airplay and streaming, No. 8 for downloads, and No. 57 for video views. These figures, aside from video views, are similar to how their previous million-selling single fared on the Japan Hot 100, and it looks like the girls have another long-lasting hit on their hands.
Bowing at No. 1 for downloads this week is DAOKO x Kenshi Yonezu's "Uchiage Hanabi," the theme song for the animated feature film Fireworks, Should We See It From the Side or the Bottom? -- a remake of the 1993 live-action film by Shunji Iwai.
<a href="/articles/news/international/7890238/kenshi-yonezu-profile-popularity-japan">Kenshi Yonezu</a> currently has six songs charting in the Japan Hot 100 including the one under his old Hachi moniker, powered by digital points such as downloads, video views and Twitter. Yonezu appears to be enjoying a similar phenomenon that occurred last year with Radwimps, when the band's breakthrough hit "Zenzenzense" lifted some of their older songs onto the current chart.
And speaking of Radwimps, frontman Yojiro Noda is the guest vocalist on "Yumemakase" by the instrumental jazz band Soil & "Pimp" Sessions, which bumps up from No. 53 to No. 30 this week, driven mainly by radio airplay points (No. 4). The smooth jazzy number featuring one of the most sought-after artists in Japan today is likely to continue its steady rise up the Japan Hot 100 this summer.
The Billboard Japan Hot 100 combines physical and digital sales, radio airplay, Twitter mentions, YouTube and GYAO! video views, Gracenote look-ups and audio streams from Apple Music, AWA, Google Play Music, KKBOK, LINE MUSIC provided by Gfk Japan, as well as streaming counts based on lyrics displayed on PetitLyrics.
Billboard Japan Hot 100 Top 20 (dated July 31 to Aug. 6)
1. "Nigemizu" / Nogizaka46
2. "himawari" / Mr. Children
3. "Uchiage Hanabi" / Daoko X Kehshi Yonezu
4. "10% roll, 10% romance" / UNISON SQUARE GARDEN
5. "Article of Faith" / Knights
6. "Shape of You" / Ed Sheeran
7. "RAIN" / SEKAI NO OWARI
8. "TT" / TWICE
9. "Inochi Moyashite Koi Seyo Otome" / Kaede Takagaki (Saori Hayami), Shin Sato (Yumiri Hanamori), Miyu Mifune (Sayaka Harada), Nana Abe (Marie Miyake), Sanae Katagiri (Azumi Waki)
10. "Gin No Iruka To Atsui Kaze" / Yui Otsuki (Nanami Yamashita), Chieri Ogata (Naomi Ozora), Minami Nitta (Aya Suzaki)
11. "Hyakkaryouran" / Kalafina
12. "Family Song" / Gen Hoshino
13. "CALL ME NOW" / Sudannayuzuyully
14. "HANABI" / Mr. Children
15. "Peace Sign" / Kenshi Yonezu
16. "My Favorite Jewel" / Sakurako Ohara
17. "SIGNAL" / TWICE
18. "Aimaimoko" / Inori Minase
19. "Igai Ni Mango" / SKE48
20. "Forevermore" / Hikaru Utada