1. It's named after his dad's stamp collection
A fan asked via Twitter what the crazy name was all about during a promotional crowd-source interview, and Garrix explained about his dad's stamp auctioning business. Definitely puts a spin on the idea of following in the family business.
2. The label was started as a means for Garrix to have more ownership over his music
STMPD was formed soon after Garrix made a public split from his original management and Spinnin'. The young artist cited a disagreement between himself and the storied label concerning ownership rights. Seemingly in consequence, STMPD RCRDS' motto is “Artists First. Always.”
3. Garrix has worked in the studio with all six signees
Besides Garrix, STMPD has officially signed Area 21, Bebe Rexha, John Martin, Michael Zitron, and Third Party. The label head has songs with each and every one of them. Expect to hear plenty of them when Garrix headlines Billboard Hot 100 Festival later this month.
4. Garrix celebrated the label launch with a party at Story Nightclub in Miami
He was joined on stage by frequent collaborators Arty, Jay Hardaway, Julian Jordan, and Mattise & Sadko. It followed his next-level main stage performance at Ultra's flagship festival during March's Miami Music Week.
5. The label has its own show on Beats 1, hosted by Garrix
The Apple Music series launched in July and airs every other Friday at 3 pm PST in rotation with deadmau5's mau5trap presents.