Andrew Dakhovskyy, CEO at DMA, added: "We understand that the artists everywhere are going through unprecedented times. With talent shows, festivals and song contests being cancelled all over the world, it is extremely hard to find new opportunities to promote their talent. We see our mission in creating these opportunities for them."
The contest will accept applications from artists and songwriters until Aug. 15, when the national voting round will take place and country winners will be announced. The top three entries from each country qualify for the continental voting round on Aug. 22. The top three entries from each continent will compete for the main prize in the global voting round set to take place on Aug. 29.
In the first two rounds, the general public votes. In the final round, the results will be determined by a combination of popular vote and the vote of a jury of experts.
That panel includes Patrice Rushen, a three-time Grammy nominee whose biggest hit, 1982’s “Forget Me Nots,” is much sampled and led to a long career as a jazz pianist, R&B singer and music director; Sacha Starbek, a songwriter and producer who co-wrote James Blunt’s ”You’re Beautiful” (a 2005 Grammy nominee for record and song of the year) and Miley Cyrus’ “Wrecking Ball” (both songs were No. 1 hits on the Billboard Hot 100); Malouf, a producer, engineer, and mixer and the “senior judge” on the panel; and songwriter and producer Justin Gray.
The winner will receive a trip to the iconic Capitol Records Studio in Los Angeles and a cash prize.
To participate, an artist or a songwriter should register and upload their song on the Djooky website.
The site makes it sound like you, too, can become a global superstar.
“10 easy steps to becoming a global superstar:
- 1. Register now if you are an Artist or a Songwriter
- 2. Upload your original song
- 3. Be heard all over the world
- 4. Promote your song on social media
- 5. Ask your fans to support your song on the Djooky app (available from 1 Aug)
- 6. Get in the TOP 3 in the National Final (15 Aug)
- 7. Get in the TOP 3 in the Continental Final (22 Aug)
- 8. Win the Global Final (29 Aug)
- 9. Record your next hit in an iconic studio with Brian Malouf
- 10. Become a global superstar!”