Four People Arrested After Attempted Break-In at Dr. Dre's House While He Was Hospitalized

Dr. Dre
Rich Fury/Getty Images for The Recording Academy

Dr. Dre speaks onstage during the Producers & Engineers Wing 13th annual GRAMMY week event honoring Dr. Dre at Village Studios on Jan. 22, 2020 in Los Angeles.

The incident reportedly happened while Dre as hospitalized with a brain aneurysm.

Four people were arrested on Tuesday (Jan. 5) in Los Angeles' Brentwood neighborhood after they allegedly tried to break in to rap icon Dr. Dre's home, according to multiple reports. The legendary MC/producer, who was hospitalized on Monday following a brain aneurysm, was not in the residence at the time of the incident.

A spokesperson for the LAPD confirmed to Billboard on Wednesday that the arrests came at 10 p.m. PT in Brentwood, where Dre is known to have a residence, though the spokesperson said the department does not verify the owners of targeted homes. LAPD did confirm that the the four arrested were booked on attempted burglary charges.

"Several individuals were hiking over a hill attempting to enter a property," the spokesperson said. "They were confronted by six private security [officers] and they fled the location. As officers attempted to pull the vehicle over a short pursuit ensued."

Per NBC New York, the chase was reportedly set off after infrared cameras at Dre's estate spotted the intruders hopping the fence, and the 55-year-old mogul's security team alerted authorities. Police said the crew ran up a hill and jumped into a white SUV, leading officers on a chase through the winding neighborhood's streets, ending on Sunset Boulevard. According to ABC 7, police said they found a backpack full of burglary tools that included saws and crowbars in the SUV. It appeared that nothing was taken in the incident.

At press time, it is unknown if the alleged perpetrators -- identified as Raven Queen, 21, Monte Parker, 34, Daveon Crenshaw, 24 and Rayquan Ford, 25 -- had been released on bond.

Dre (born Andre Young), 55, was receiving treatment for an aneurysm at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center at the time of the alleged attempted break-in. He assured fans and his many well-wishers in an Instagram message Tuesday night that he is on the mend.

"Thanks to my family, friends and fans for their interest and well wishes," Dre said in the statement. "I’m doing great and getting excellent care from my medical team. I will be out of the hospital and back home soon. Shout out to all the great medical professionals at Cedars. One Love!!"