Demi Lovato Hospitalized Following Apparent Overdose: Report
The pop star is receiving medical care after allegedly overdosing on heroin in her Hollywood Hills home, TMZ reports; they confirmed that the overdose took place in her residence, and that she was treated with Narcan, a medication administered for opioid emergencies. Her condition remains unknown.
Lovato has been public about her struggles with addiction and recently revealed to her fans that her sober journey had come to an end when she released the moving ballad "Sober." In the song, Lovato laments, "Momma, I'm so sorry, I'm not sober anymore. Daddy, please forgive me for the spilled drinks on the floor. The ones who never left me, we've been down this road before. I'm so sorry, I'm not sober anymore."
In a March 2018 Billboard cover story, Lovato revealed she left the 2016 Met Gala early to attend an AA meeting after the "uncomfortable" environment made her want to drink. "I changed my clothes, but I still had my diamonds on -- millions of dollars of diamonds on in an AA meeting," she said. "And I related more to the homeless people in that meeting who struggled with the same struggles that I deal with than the people at the Met Gala -- fake."
Following her debut performance of "Sober" at Rock in Rio Lisbon in June, Lovato shared that she was a "new person with a new life."
Billboard has reached out to Lovato's representatives for comment.