Wayne Newton Reacts to Burglaries at Las Vegas Home: 'I'm as Angry as One Could Imagine'

Bryan Bedder/Getty Images for The Buoniconti Fund
Humanitarian Award recipient Wayne Newton speaks on stage at the 31th Annual Great Sports Legends Dinner to benefit The Buoniconti Fund to Cure Paralysis at The Waldorf Astoria Hotel on Sept. 12, 2016 in New York City. 

Wayne Newton has opened up about the string of burglaries that have taken place over the past few months at his Las Vegas home.

Last night (June 25) after Newton's show at Bally's Las Vegas Hotel and Casino, the performer told 13 Action News that his daughter ran into the alleged suspects of the second home invasion. "[My daughter] said 'Daddy, there's somebody in your dressing room,'" he explained. "So, I ran in to confront them."

Newton's property, which is also home to his wife Kathleen and their daughter, was first broken into on June 3. Less than two weeks later, the house was robbed again when Newton and his family were coming home late at night.

The intruders managed to escape the scene before the police arrived, according to Newton: "I'm as angry as one could imagine, I have no doubt they will be caught because we have pictures."

Earlier this week, police released images of two suspects they believe to have been involved with the second robbery. Authorities confirmed that the robbers were last seen by family quickly heading north from the house but have not confirmed whether or not anything was stolen.


THE BILLBOARD BIZ
SUBSCRIBER EXPERIENCE

The Biz premium subscriber content has moved to Billboard.com/business.


To simplify subscriber access, we have temporarily disabled the password requirement.